Subject: Questions About Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ozge K
Turkey
Ankara
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have been following the game for a while and with todays announcement I had the chance to read the rules and check the components on Tabletopia.

It feels like Time Stories mixed with dungeon crawling which makes me intrigued. I got questions about story mode and different timelines.

1. Will there be only one story coming with the base game? I belive adding at least stretch goals for new stories might help.
2. Are there any planned expansions as stories?
3. How does different timelines work? Does the story lead us to different timelines? Is anything chaging mechanically with different timelines or is it just the castle map changing?

I wish the team good luck with the kickstarter!

Edit: Here is the announcement: https://www.tangledtowers.com/so/cMBxtR4d#/main
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on BGG descriptions, there is a lot of things that sounds cool: narrative game, non-dice based combat mechanism and most of all time traveling. I hope to see how it actually plays. The backstory had an interesting parts as well, but based on that and looking game components - Why this game has dragons and other fantasy elements? The game is set in Earth I believe (Los Angeles mentioned) so the focus on fantasy doesn't seem to make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Toderas
Germany
Düsseldorf
Deutschland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
_crimson_king_ wrote:
I have been following the game for a while and with todays announcement I had the chance to read the rules and check the components on Tabletopia.

It feels like Time Stories mixed with dungeon crawling which makes me intrigued. I got questions about story mode and different timelines.

1. Will there be only one story coming with the base game? I belive adding at least stretch goals for new stories might help.
2. Are there any planned expansions as stories?
3. How does different timelines work? Does the story lead us to different timelines? Is anything chaging mechanically with different timelines or is it just the castle map changing?

I wish the team good luck with the kickstarter!

Edit: Here is the announcement: https://www.tangledtowers.com/so/cMBxtR4d#/main

Hey

Thank you for taking time and check our game. I'm not going to deny it, Time Stories and several other game were a huge inspiration for us. Most of the mechanics though were conceived about 18 years ago, so we have to update them to current standards.

To answer your questions :

1. The game will come with a campaign that will include 10 Story Decks. They're all connected with each other and will tell a full, exciting story that will even alter certain mechanics with their own set of conditions. We want to keep the players engaged with every Story Deck.

2. Yes

3. The timelines will have a direct effect on almost everything in the game. Weapons will work differently, enemies will have different stats/effects based on where they're encountered, and so on. The characters will also be affected by time.

I would like to mention that the game will come with a novel that will give a lot of background information for the events of Castle von Loghan. While the book does contain a lot of additional information, you will be able to enjoy the game fully without the need to read it. The novel it's more aimed for groups of people that want to immerse themselves in the games' universe. And yes, there are more novels planned with each expansion, and possible future games that take part of the same universe.

If you have any more questions, please let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Toderas
Germany
Düsseldorf
Deutschland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
batanen wrote:
Based on BGG descriptions, there is a lot of things that sounds cool: narrative game, non-dice based combat mechanism and most of all time traveling. I hope to see how it actually plays. The backstory had an interesting parts as well, but based on that and looking game components - Why this game has dragons and other fantasy elements? The game is set in Earth I believe (Los Angeles mentioned) so the focus on fantasy doesn't seem to make sense.

Hey

It would be hard to explain the presence of the Dragon and other mythical creatures without spoiling the game... but what I can tell you is this: Augustus von Loghan and his people are amazing scientists and these creatures are not made of flesh and blood
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ozge K
Turkey
Ankara
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for the answers. I have to say that the answers made me happy 10 stories as a campaign is really good. And I like when the story opens up slowly with a story book. Can't wait for the KS now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.