8 Posts

Feudum» Forums » General

Subject: Epic Journey question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
I've read the rulebook on this topic many times and hunted for an answer here but can't definitively find an answer.

So on the Epic Journey. When I do it I drop my token on the far left. Then with each successive time I do 2 move actions in a round I move my token up 1 or 1 spot to the right. So the question here is no matter how far up I get I will never have more than 1 token on this track correct? You don't put a new token for the 2nd scoring portion and then a 3rd for the 3rd correct?

On an aside this is such a great game, its actually the first game my wife has decided to read the rulebook on because she wants a more solid understanding of everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
feartheclown wrote:
I've read the rulebook on this topic many times and hunted for an answer here but can't definitively find an answer.

So on the Epic Journey. When I do it I drop my token on the far left. Then with each successive time I do 2 move actions in a round I move my token up 1 or 1 spot to the right. So the question here is no matter how far up I get I will never have more than 1 token on this track correct? You don't put a new token for the 2nd scoring portion and then a 3rd for the 3rd correct?

Yes you just move the disc along; you don't add more discs. (There wouldn't be enough anyway).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Warr
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, just 1 player disc each on the Epic Voyage track
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome thanks. That settles the 1 thing my wife was unsure of and I couldn't find a definitive enough answer to alleviate her concerns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Warr
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, you realise that it is one of your 3 "player discs" you are using there, right? It's not influence markers. You only have 3, so there would be nowhere near enough to cover all the spots separately.

The 3 player discs can be used:
Up to 1 on the Epic Voyage track
Up to 2 as Reeves in the guilds
Up to 3 covering the separate military service spots.

So you are having to decide how to use your 3 discs from those 6 possibile places.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
poptasticboy wrote:
By the way, you realise that it is one of your 3 "player discs" you are using there, right? It's not influence markers. You only have 3, so there would be nowhere near enough to cover all the spots separately.

So you are having to decide how to use your 3 discs from those 6 possibile places.

I'm referring to the 3 sections not the 6 spots. I'm clear on the topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
feartheclown wrote:
poptasticboy wrote:

He is pointing out the strategic decision you must make when choosing to go on an Epic Journey. Be careful doing this if you intend to create or take rule of a Feudum, for if you do, then you are held responsible for performing military service.

IF you aren't worrying about military service, then going on an Epic Journey and using your two Reeves in the guilds makes strategic sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
MPMelanchthon wrote:
feartheclown wrote:
poptasticboy wrote:

He is pointing out the strategic decision you must make when choosing to go on an Epic Journey. Be careful doing this if you intend to create or take rule of a Feudum, for if you do, then you are held responsible for performing military service.

IF you aren't worrying about military service, then going on an Epic Journey and using your two Reeves in the guilds makes strategic sense.

poptasticboy wrote:

feartheclown wrote:

I'm good, thanks for the responses to the original post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.