Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Thunderstone Quest» Forums » General

Subject: April announcement? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
odd one
msg tools
I saw there was supposed to be an announcement at the start of April, but haven't seen anything? I'm really hoping for Coop rules.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Or a new Kickstarter with an "All in" option.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
msg tools
One Ring to Rule Them All
badge
I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oddmage wrote:
I saw there was supposed to be an announcement at the start of April, but haven't seen anything? I'm really hoping for Coop rules.


Definitely hoping for the co-op rules!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Established company with a now well established game. Please no more Kickstarter.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rogue148 wrote:
Established company with a now well established game.


It already was a well-established game. Quest is basically the third edition of Thunderstone.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rogue148 wrote:
Established company with a now well established game. Please no more Kickstarter.
Where does it say who is able to Kickstart things? Is there something in the KS Terms of Service prohibiting this? Where is the cutoff?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
odd one
msg tools
I doubt Kickstarter will stop morally ok projects from giving them money, but we are getting off topic.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Minutillo
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
rogue148 wrote:
Established company with a now well established game. Please no more Kickstarter.
Where does it say who is able to Kickstart things? Is there something in the KS Terms of Service prohibiting this? Where is the cutoff?


It's item 2 on the Kickstarter Backer Bill of Rights
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Wesker
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also still waiting for an announcement.

I hope they are going the retail route and that is the hold up. Would be nice if they said it will be available in June at retailers
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Long
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm watching my e-mail like a hawk.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not much April left.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dancey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
We just made it!

Thunderstone Quest is returning to Kickstarter in June!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
YESSSS!!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That was the big announcement? Great, now they're completely by passing retail, so we have to fork out more money. I was hoping to find a copy on black Friday at 50% off retail, so much for that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeWildStar wrote:
That was the big announcement? Great, now they're completely by passing retail, so we have to fork out more money. I was hoping to find a copy on black Friday at 50% off retail, so much for that.

$100 for everything in the Champion pledge level is way less that what you'd ever get it for in retail.

Can anyone find another game that gives you 1500 cards for $100?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
davro33 wrote:
ZeWildStar wrote:
That was the big announcement? Great, now they're completely by passing retail, so we have to fork out more money. I was hoping to find a copy on black Friday at 50% off retail, so much for that.

$100 for everything in the Champion pledge level is way less that what you'd ever get it for in retail.

Can anyone find another game that gives you 1500 cards for $100?


Poker. 28 packs of Poker cards gets you 1,512 cards. You can find them online for as little as a $1 a pack or less.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nite Wolf
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rogue148 wrote:
davro33 wrote:
ZeWildStar wrote:
That was the big announcement? Great, now they're completely by passing retail, so we have to fork out more money. I was hoping to find a copy on black Friday at 50% off retail, so much for that.

$100 for everything in the Champion pledge level is way less that what you'd ever get it for in retail.

Can anyone find another game that gives you 1500 cards for $100?


Poker. 28 packs of Poker cards gets you 1,512 cards. You can find them online for as little as a $1 a pack or less.


On a more serious note @davro, while the first kickstarter was certainly no bad deal, it remains to be seen if they will keep the price the same or suddenly decide to raise it for whatever reason (apart from the new quest for which they obviously will charge something extra). Another thing worth noting about the overall price were the delivery costs in the last kickstarter that could be hefty depending which part of the world you were from. For those it was not such a good deal after all.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Thompson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there somewhere I can sign up to be notified when this goes live? I had been waiting for months for the first Kickstarter and got caught up in life and went looking for it two days after it ended. Just don't want that to happen to me again!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NaptownMVP wrote:
Is there somewhere I can sign up to be notified when this goes live? I had been waiting for months for the first Kickstarter and got caught up in life and went looking for it two days after it ended. Just don't want that to happen to me again!

Many ways. Subscribe to BoardGameGeek's Thunderstone Quest site (or just for the crowdfunding sub forum), follow projects launched/backed by AEG on Kickstarter and/or subscribe to AEG's newsletter: https://www.alderac.com/thunderstone/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.