Daniel D
msg tools
Hi,

I am currently testing out the new bot introduced in The Awakening. During US Action Phase 2, Card 2 (page 12) the US bot plays the card "Qadhafi" and proceeding along the PAR flowchart takes us to the "Disrupt for +Prestige or to place Cadre?" box. According to the Disrupt priorities the targeted country should be Iraq since it has a higher resource value than Afghanistan. Despite Iraq being a higher priority, Afghanistan was chosen by the bot.

Somewhere I know I am missing something. You might respond that there isn't even something to disrupt in Iraq - in which case I am confused why a Cadre wasn't placed in Iraq after the last cell left it in order to travel to Pakistan. I am referring to the operation during Jihadist Action Phase, Card 2 (same page) - the playbook doesn't mention that a Cadre should be placed in Iraq. Yet I thought a Cadre is always placed in a country if the final cell left it by a travel operation?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hi Daniel,

See rule 4.8.4 in the original Labyrinth rule book. Cadre markers are placed when the last cell is Disrupted by the US or removed/moved by an Event. A Travel Op doesn't leave behind a Cadre (neither does Jihad failure).

Adam

https://www.gmtgames.com/living_rules/Labyrinth-Rules-2011.p...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
Hi Adam and thank you for the quick reply!

Funny enough I missed the word "not" in the rules, so I thought the opposite was the case. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.