Elder Sign: Omens of the Deep» Forums » Rules

Subject: Terror Effect question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Gave this my first spin today. Not sure I'd call it the easiest, I certainly got spanked... Didn't seem to be able to ever get enough things, soon as I got something I had to use it.

Anyway, my biggest undoing was Cthylla Whispers (Terror/Peril/Peril or Lore+Lore), which also had a DOL on it. I have the red dice as well, so first roll is a fail, draw a monster, six dice left. Second roll I get the Terror, down to five. Third roll is a fail, another monster, down to four. Next roll is a success, a Peril. I'm now down to three dice with four tasks left (a Peril or Lore + Lore, and two Terror for the DOL) so obviously I have failed. Do I keep rolling, and if so for how long? In this case I rolled my final three dice and failed twice. Do I then roll a single die against two tasks for a complete instafail?

Footnote: After this I had one Doom token left, but Zoe couldn't handle the Mutiny, Dagon woke up and there was no point in continuing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
An investigator may decide to fail an adventure at any time (before rolling or after resolving their roll of course) exactly to avoid the situation you described (it's somewhere buried in the core rules, if you want, I can dig out the exact reference).

It's worth noticing that this can be done even if you could technically pass the adventure. Fore example, you pull an adventure awarding you a Blessing but you think someone else will have a greater benefit from that Blessing: you declare you fail the adventure, suffer the penalties, and move to clock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Phew, thank you. I'll give it another go this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.