Hide
7 Posts

Champions of Midgard» Forums » General

Subject: Jarl edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jen swenson
msg tools
I'm thinking about o ordering a copy of Champions of Midgard from Grey Fox Games, if I get the jarl edition do I still need to purchase the base game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben de Kemp
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The Jarl edition only has both expansions, plus a nice box that fits everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Man, wish I had known about the big box before I bought both expansions and the player mat. I have to carry everything in three different boxes. That's the only reason the game doesn't get played more than it does, I fill up my travel bag with just one game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
Man, wish I had known about the big box before I bought both expansions and the player mat. I have to carry everything in three different boxes. That's the only reason the game doesn't get played more than it does, Inc fill up my travel bag with just one game.

You can fit everything in the base box if you haste the mat on the side ( don't need the boards). The mat doesn't fit in any box anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Phelps

Mount Washington
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know you can buy the Jarl edition from the Grey Wolf website but will it eventually be available elsewhere (& presumably cheaper).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brooks
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kypatzer wrote:
I know you can buy the Jarl edition from the Grey Wolf website but will it eventually be available elsewhere (& presumably cheaper).

I don't think it will, it was exclusive the the kickstarter, so is only supposed to be available from Grey Fox Games' store directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hengst II
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seabreezesg1 wrote:
I'm thinking about o ordering a copy of Champions of Midgard from Grey Fox Games, if I get the jarl edition do I still need to purchase the base game?

Really wish I had seen this post, or read the description closely on the Grey Fox website, as I got the Jarl edition and then realized that I needed the base game. A solid lesson I learned the old fashioned way. I do love the mat and I ended up buying the upgraded components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.