Hide
3 Posts

Of Dreams & Shadows» Forums » General

Subject: Of Dreams & Shadows vs. Legends of Andor? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Rees
msg tools
I haven't played either of these games, but from what I know of them they seem to be in a similar vein. Can anyone who's played both games tell me how they compare? Including, but not limited to, the following considerations:

- Which is easier to learn and to play?
- Which is more difficult to win at?
- Which takes more time to set up and play?
- Which offers greater replayability?
- Which is easier to find cheap second-hand copies of?
- What are the major similarities/differences between them?
- Which is more fun, and why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't consider them similar at all (in gameplay at least).

Andor is ultimately a puzzle with an almost scripted "must follow" solution that has been dressed up to look like a cool fantasy adventure game. I don't like it at all.

Of Dreams and Shadows is more like a fantasy Eldritch Horror. I think Eldritch Horror is much better but Dreams is ok. Note: The ODaS rulebook fails to mention several important rules (dying if willpower is zero, choosing enemy paths randomly in case of a tie, etc.) that is very annoying if you don't read the forums. It also has some very overpowered spells that can trivialize otherwise difficult bosses.

It's a decent game but I'd never choose it over Eldritch Horror or Arkham Horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rees
msg tools
Is that it? Nobody else has anything to add?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.