Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
353 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 

Arena: The Contest» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: New game boards! Suggest themes for the artwork! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: of [+] to [+] The [+] a [+] volcano [+] top [+] perfect [+] be [+] idea [+] seemes [+] [View All]
Danilo de Alcantara
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We will be making a total of four scenarios:

- PvP Match;
- Boss Fight vs. Elder Dragon;
- Capture the Orb;
- One vs. All.

Read more details in this Kickstarter update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dragorigames/arena-the-...

We are open to suggestions! Comment below with the themes you think would provide the best experience for one or more of the fights listed above!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Learning Computah
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
If you’re fighting an elder dragon where else but among ruins on top of a volcano!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Sung
msg tools
Yup, if it is a boss fight vs Elder Dragon, it should be in an area filled with fire and brimstone... if lava is included it will be even more epic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Stogner
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Agreed! Volcano would be great.

I really enjoyed the sunken ship suggestion in the update as well. Perhaps some ruins in a jungle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Liesenfelt
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
new user
I think a cave scene would be nifty for some of the pve type stuff. Maybe a Colosseum for pvp battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thoma
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
I would like to suggest interactive traps, maybe some that are hidden, some places by players, maybe even some so horrible and mischevious, they are intelligent. I submit. PLAYERS VS THE BOARD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Edwards
msg tools
mb
What about a big Labyrinth, either grass or stone, with constantly shifting walls?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Van Camp

Clovis
California
msg tools
I love the boards you chose in the update graphic. The road in the forest is very versatile and I can use it for other purposes and games.

I would also prefer if the board add ons could somehow be used as options in the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Strohm
msg tools
new user
A tavern would make a good battle area for all of these!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Merfeld
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I want dilapidated ruins for a battleground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cole
msg tools
I like the sunken area idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Alejandro
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I say that it should be the temple of the gods! Where the gold dragon consumed the bodies of the gods, giving him god like power! All through out the field are the weapons and relics of the gods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C W
msg tools
new user
We're fighting an elder dragon. Atop a field of coins and gems and treasure as we slug it out with a monster in it's lair!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B

California
msg tools
an subterranean ancient civilization for capture the orb. Maybe an old dwarves stronghold in the mountain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bouchard
Canada
flag msg tools
new user
Volcano, lava themed map similar to something you would find in the Doom game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m surprised I am saying this as we finally just got rid of all the snow but I like a Snow battlefield

Snowy Forest

I’m off to the KS to pledge for the extra boards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendell NA
msg tools
One of the more interesting map types I have ever used is a full Glacier, this allows for all sorts of terrain features, not just slippery ice. Fissures, spikes, edges, and any number of hiding places for surprise events. Throw in a global cold effect that either accumulates or functions on some sort of timer and nobody will ever think its just pretty blue ground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berard
msg tools
The Vampires Gothic Cathedral or the Emperors Gothic Castle and Grounds to tie in what you guys have already created.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike A

Iowa
msg tools
mb
1) PvP match = could go with otherworldly design (e.g. location should not look like anything on earth); or perhaps a Training room simulator design, such as Tron-inspired neon black or X-Men danger room

2) boss fight vs elder dragon = dragon’s lair, piles of treasure and corpses/bones of dead adventurers

3) capture the orb = wizard tower theme or play field theme (e.g. Harry Potter quidditch)

4) One vs All = throne room for the “one”, assumed to be an all-powerful lord

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thain
Canada
flag msg tools
How about an open market. I think a map with a lot of close quarters would be very interesting. Mostly for PvP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill the Raven
msg tools
How about a weathered town with stone work that the elder dragon has hit before?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Bohy
United States
LAKE STEVENS
Washington
flag msg tools
Ice and fire/lava, jungle and stone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Huber
msg tools
I think a crypt or a graveyard theme would work great to go with the skull walls previously unlocked. Implementing some sort of skeleton spawns being triggered by certain move actions would make for some good uh oh moments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Harris
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An Oblivion-type setting for a PvP match sounds fun.

And a trippy astral plane setting for Capture the Orb could be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jen swenson
msg tools
If the final battle is against the Elder Dragon I would love to have it take place in ruins of a Mayan like City where he is toying with you until you enter the abandon market square and traps you, the only way out is though him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.