Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

only two Dungeon levels in but so far the heroes smash most of my villains to pieces before I could event act. In the Silver Tower forums I found an interesting variant someone posted, called ALTERNATE ACTIVATION:

per increasing agility (from 1+ to 6+).
ie : Torch Hero, then adversary group 1, then hero 2, adversary group 2, and so on… (companion is the last hero)

This was one of my favorite rules when playing SW Imperial Assault.

Has someone tried this with Hammerhal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Forte
Canada
flag msg tools
I haven't tried those ideas specifically but they sure sound like they might have an impact.

A few things I do if I find the heroes are having a really easy time:

1) Add events or traps during combat to give yourself an edge. For example as soon as a group of Acolytes is discovered you could say something along the lines of "Before you have a chance to react the Kairic Adept mutters an ancient spell!". The result could be anything you choose to handicap the heroes a bit (for example they lose one action dice for a few turns or their movement speed is cut in half until the combat ends)

2) If you have silvertower you can add/substitute more difficult enemies. For instance use a flock of tzangors instead of acolytes or a trap that triggers the appearance of pink horrors in an empty room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Rodriguez
msg tools
mbmbmb
Seems like a very interesting variant that I want to try from some time to now.

But I wanted to try it mixed with another variant I invented that adds some strategy in the way: The possibility to not use one or more dices in your activation or waste it before your activation (this can be both your own dice or destiny dice but substracting 1 in case it is a destiny dice). This dices can be used to cancel an attack from an enemy (representing you dodge or block the attack with a shield or weapon). You need equal or more in the dice for it than the attack of the enemy.

What do you people think? Can this work? I like the tactical idea of the dice usage for blocking but anny suggestions to make it better are absolutely wellcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.