Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DARRYL KOPMAN
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone here played Kraftwagon(aka Kraftwagen)? I'm interested how it compares to Automobile. And,are they different enough that it would make sense to own them both?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar themes but very different implementations, no problem owning both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Bush
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own both. Kraft wagon is a lighter game, Definitely shorter. Automobile although not really heavy is more difficult to explain. The similarities are basically only that there is a market selling cars. They are implemented quite differently, with both being good. I love both games and they scratch different itches. I find that others in my groups prefer Kraftwagon while I lean towards Automobile. Not sure you “need” both, but i’m glad I have both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven F
United States
wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I created a player action flowchart for playing Automobile that proved very effective for getting new players up to speed on their first play.
Should be in the files section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Kraftwagon is an awful name. Where did you get that from? I've only seen it called Kraftwagen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Shroll
United States
Dublin
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own both, and I find Kraftwagen a charming lighter game that's a little friendlier to new players.

The rondell in Kraftwagen is a littler more charming for turn order than the choosing of magnates (for new players). Martin Wallace tends to be very "Martin Wallace" in Automobile especially.

I haven't played Automobile in years and gotta get back into a game soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bladebringer wrote:
Hi guys. I want to make a gift to my wife for her birthday. I choose car. Help please with a choice. What would you advise? If my topic does not fit the topic, please move to the desired section. Thank you very much.
If she's more a casual gamer, PitchCar (or the Mini version, of course)! If she is already in the hobby, don't forget to look at Kanban as well. And for a lighter game, also consider Automobiles. You probably know your wife better than anyone here, though, so you're probably better off looking at the games (maybe watch some videos of people playing) to decide which one is best. Unless, of course, you want to share more information about her than just "my wife" .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls