Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Arking
United States
Potomac
MD
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is LoH solo mode broken?

Based on these threads, LoH solo mode can easily be beaten. As I wrote one of them, I was hoping others could review and see if we are missing something.

I almost never play or enjoy solo play. However, I figured I would use it to learn the rules. It was an awesome experience. I barely won and realized I misplayed some rules and I really lost. To my surprise, I wanted to play solo again having a better grasp of the game and solo mode.

In my 2nd solo playthrough, I took a completely different and early aggresive approach... and basically defeated act 1 in 3 turns and making act 2 not very challenging.

I am hoping that that I am wrong and solo mode was better playtested. If not, are there other broken strategies in the main game?

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1984774/loh-solo-play-help

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1923461/spoiler-alert-im-pr...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are already two threads (which you linked to) about this subject? Why not just add your opinions to one or either of those, instead of starting ANOTHER thread about the same subject?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Arking
United States
Potomac
MD
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wanted a thread directly on whether solo mode was broken and get feedback from the creators if possible. The other threads are not a direct question like this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Arking
United States
Potomac
MD
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am really surprised that no one is concerned about this. Does no one play this solo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Arking
United States
Potomac
MD
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bubbling this back up. As far as I can tell, solo mode is broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom W -
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
then just house rule it to make it harder for yourself. If your playing solo, noone is going to argue with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmb
The consensus seems to be its broken. Its a shame too, there will be people that buy it to play it solo that will be highly disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.