Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly certain I wouldn't like to get into a 'most crystals' fight- horrible to have put a load of effort in and then someone else comes along and steals the prize. It would be quite a different feel than the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hüttig
Germany
Cologne
Northrhine-Westfalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mathematically this doesn't work out in the slightest.

A resource put into a house gives between 0.72 and 0.92 points per pip it's worth.

Cards can have much greater values (I think the best card is a wood worth 3 pips plus a meeple to get the card that could generate 3.5 pips for a total of 6.5 pips traded against a one time use 2 tool card that gives twice your tool value in points for 24 points, so 5.33 points per pip) but could also go much lower if you're really stupid (I think the worst you could do would be 4 gold and a meeple worth 27.5 for 1 food and a flute worth 1 VP in the worst case, so 0.04 points per pip).

As a resource could be only worth only 1 VP in the end if you can't spend it, while crystals should be worth lots of points anyways but also have a high chance of wasting lots of pips if you go for high sums, I'd target around 0.8 points per pip plus an additional bonus if you're in the lead.

So my first attempt would be 8 VP per crystal you need a sum of 10 to aquire and for 1./2. place 6/2/1 VP. If everybody else is stupid and let's you get the 1. bonus with only one crystal you're at 1.4 VP per pip. If you need 3 crystals for the win, it's still better than a very good house (1.00) while a second place is only actually a good invest if you only have one crystal and if there's a big fight about crystals...you would've probably better invested your pips in something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls