Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Nick Fury's Legendary Commander rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deric Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm new to this game and this may sound like a stupid thing to ask, but better be safe than sorry, right?

Nick Fury's Legendary Commander (you get +1 attack point for each other SHIELD Hero you played this turn *the card comes with a 1 attack point*)

Let's say I've played 2 Maria Hill cards, 1 Agent card, 2 Trooper cards and another Nick Fury card with different ability.

How do I interpret the "each"?
A. 9 attack points.
B. 8 attack points (excluding that one other Nick Fury card)
C. 7 attack points (only count each hero once including that one other Nick Fury card.
D. 6 attack points (only count each hero once excluding that one other Nick Fury card).

EDIT: Forgot to add the basic attack value from both Troopers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played so that "each hero" means "each hero card", so playing legendary commander would give you 7 attack points in your example. Otherwise the card text would explicitly say "each different named hero" or something alike. I don't have any rule to back that up, but that's usually how deckbuilders work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
D4D3r1C wrote:
I'm new to this game and this may sound like a stupid thing to ask, but better be safe than sorry, right?

Nick Fury's Legendary Commander (you get +1 attack point for each other SHIELD Hero you played this turn *the card comes with a 1 attack point*)

Let's say I've played 2 Maria Hill cards, 1 Agent card, 2 Trooper cards and another Nick Fury card with different ability.

How do I interpret the "each"?
A. 7 attack points.
B. 6 attack points (excluding that one other Nick Fury card)
C. 5 attack points (only count each hero once including that one other Nick Fury card.
D. 4 attack points (only count each hero once excluding that one other Nick Fury card).

If Legendary Commander was the 7th SHIELD affiliated card you played that turn, you'd get 7 Attack points for it (plus any Attack points generated from other cards played that turn).

6 Attack for the 6 SHIELD affiliated cards played previously + 1 Attack for Legendary Commander's base Attack value.

EDIT: ninja'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deric Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sorry, I forgot to add the basic attack value from both troopers. So the answer is A. Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yep, if you include the troopers.

I'm on mobile, so might someone roll out the welcoming committee?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deric Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Haha. Thanks. I just bought the Dark City expansion.

I still have a long way to go before finally collecting all of them.

*I'm on mobile too*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Well, buy yourself an avatar! I think 30 is enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcello Biz
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deric, Welcome to the Forums!! This is a very helpful community so feel free to ask any questions that come up. When you have some time, read thru the awesome guide Ubiquitous pointed you to created by another newcomer. Also read some of the other questions that have been asked. That's helped me clarify some concepts in my mind. Many of the other members help methodically go thru the card responses step by step.

Also, just a nit to pick. You've called out 7 cards in your example which isn't your standard hand size. I'm guessing you had other cards which let you draw additional cards during your turn. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deric Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi, thanks! It was just an example that simply came from my mind blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide