DNA results:Scottish, Dutch, English, Irish, German, French, Iberian Peninsula = 100% American!
Once the queen has been killed, can palace guards still move the special 8 spaces allowed by the "Rush the Palace" card? Also, can they utilize this movement without Paneka alive?
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
Re:Movement Rule Question
With Panaka dead they still get to move 8, no question.
With the Real Queen dead, I've always played that they still get the full 8 movement. I can see more of an argument here, however I feel that special movement cards like that supercede the movement as written - including the restricted movement after the Queen has died.
Re:Movement Rule Question
not sure if there's a central list somewhere, but here's some Q&A from hasbro (was reposted on Consimworld by Bruno, the GM for Queen's Gambit at WBC):
Message 4 in thread From: email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org) Subject: Re: Queen's Gambit (AH) - Rules Questions Newsgroups: rec.games.board Date: 2001-01-29 12:10:10 PST
(1) Drawing Action Cards - If a player exhausts one of his action decks, is the discard deck reshuffled and used again?
(2) Window Ledge Movement - The rules on pg 8 seem to imply that Naboo pieces can move normally after using ledge movement, but not before. The example of play on pg 16 clearly shows Dan moving palace guards both before and after the use of ledge movement. May Naboo pieces expend movement point before and after using window ledge movement?
Yes can move before or after using the window. Moving from one window-side hex to another window-side hex above or below it counts as one movement point. This is true whether you move one or two floors. An intervening droid on the 2nd floor does NOT prevent movement between the first and third floors.
(3) Moving Droids to the Palace - When playing one of the Battlefield cards that allow the transfer of droids to the palace, may the Federation attack with those droids?
No. You cannot move or attack when transferring droids to the palace, deploying droids to the battlefield, or recovering damage points.
(4) Naboo "Rush the Palace" Card - If the real queen has been killed and this card is played, do the palace guards still get to move 8 during that action?
Yes. Cards supercede the rules.
(5) "Use the Force" Cards - This card says the player may discard his hand. Does the term "hand" refer to the 6 unselected action cards or does it refer to the remaining unrevealed action cards that have been selected for the turn? If the former, may the player opt to discard and replace less than all 6 cards?
It is the 6 unselected action cards. You must discard all or none when this card is played. It is mostly used late in the game when one theatre or another has become useless (or vitally important).
-- -Rob Avalon Hill/Hasbro Games