Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Zamira
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Question 1: After one person takes the trick do the other players discard their menu card and draw a new one also?

Question 2: Do you reshuffle and re-deal the cards after each trick is taken or do you just continue with the remainder of the cards in your hand?

Question 3: Why do they supply so many star tokens? It seems that even if one player took all five tricks they wouldn't score more than 15 to 20 points.

Question 4: The boulion cards are colored to match the peas, onions, and mushrooms. Can you only play the color that matches the opening card?

This games seems like it should be very easy but the rules are very unclear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Re:Why am I so confused
gzamira (#33596),

Answer 1: I am terriby confused by what you are asking here, exactly, but I'll try to respond. The Menu cards are kept separate from the rest of the cards - all players start with each of the five different menu types. You pick one after your hand gets dealt but before any tricks get played. That card is now your menu for the entire hand (as many tricks as that happens to be). Once a player is out of cards and the turn gets back to him the hand is over and all players score based on the menu they picked before the hand was played. The next hand begins with each player choosing a new menu from the ones remaining.

Answer 2: You continue with the cards left in your hand. You continue playing tricks until the turn gets to a player who has run out of cards (note that this is just a bit longer than when that player actually played his last card).

Answer 3: The points are not scored until the end of a HAND is played - not after each trick. I have played games where there were not enough star tokens left to pass out (we restocked the supply with an equal number from all players to compensate.)

Answer 4: That is correct - if you are forced to match suit then you must match those cards appropriately as well.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Why am I so confused
Octavian (#33607),
Hi, Greg,

yes, the reason why you have probs with this game, is because you are confused with HAND and TRICK. That is also why scores are low...

The menu card reminds the same until everybody finishes their cards (that would be a hand) THEN players score points for their tricks.

I hope this helps.

The 0 boulion (whatever it means) belongs to the suit of its color, therefore, follows the same rules as the other cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.