1 Posts

International Grand Prix Magnetic Road Race Game» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Stick it to ya! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr. Chris
United States
flag msg tools
International Grand Prix Magnetic Road Race Game (IGPMRRG to those die hard fans out there) is a basic game with basic gameplay. At the time of writing this review, I am the only one to "officially" own this game as indicated by the "users owning" stats.

The gameboard is attached to the bottom of the box and has a spinner attached directly to the board, numbered with 2 of each number from 1-6. The board itself is magnetic which the cars stick to. The artwork on the board is nice for a game produced in the 70's for children.

The 4 cars are made from colored plastic (red, blue, yellow, green) and have a magnet glued into the bottom so that they stick to the board.

The race track itself is divided into two lanes, with each lane divided into spaces. Some spaces are exactly the same size in both lanes, others are not - which is important to actually playing the game (as I will explain.)

Player take turns spinning the spinner and moving their car around the board. The must move the number of spaces spun on the spinner, either forward or side to side. Players may not move into spaces occupied by other cars. Players can change lanes, as long as the space they are moving from is the same size as the one they are moving to. Along the way, some spaces have instruction written on them that may either help or hinder the cars' movement when cars end their movement on them.

The game is over after one lap.

This is a straight up race game. Spin the spinner and move. It's great game for little ones to play on the road, since all the pieces are magentic and won't move in bumpy conditions. If you are looking for a light race game as a filler, I would rather recommend Pole Position which is still simple and quick, but has a liitle bit of room for actual thinking.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.