Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
torgoshuffle wrote:
Ryucoo wrote:
Christ, it’s his students I feel sorry for.

That's a bit personal, isn't it? Care to elaborate?


Many of the people in here are trying to have a serious discussion, but there is no evidence Ryucco is among them.
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryucoo
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
EricHogue wrote:
torgoshuffle wrote:
Ryucoo wrote:
Christ, it’s his students I feel sorry for.

That's a bit personal, isn't it? Care to elaborate?


Many of the people in here are trying to have a serious discussion, but there is no evidence Ryucco is among them.


Lol, not one to blow my own trumpet but the billions of thumbs I’ve had for my contributions to this discussion suggest otherwise - must be saying something of value even if you don’t agree with it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wicht73 wrote:
torgoshuffle wrote:
No-one had heard about any of the artists involved in the creation of the images that Jakub is accused of appropriating until that Reddit thread came along, and after this is done no-one will again.


Torgo's Moral of the Story: Steal copyright from poor, unimportant people, because they deserve it, no one will know and they can't afford to prosecute you properly anyway.


Agreed -- and I believe using someone's IP knowing they can't afford to pursue the theft is referred to as 'efficient infringement' in legal circles. It has become quite en vogue these days, since prosecution is so expensive and it's so easy to just steal things.

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryucoo wrote:
Lol, not one to blow my own trumpet but the billions of thumbs I’ve had for my contributions to this discussion suggest otherwise - must be saying something of value even if you don’t agree with it.


Conflating popularity with seriousness is about the level of your discussion in here.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Clayton
United States
Hanceville
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryucoo wrote:

Lol, not one to blow my own trumpet but the billions of thumbs I’ve had for my contributions to this discussion suggest otherwise - must be saying something of value even if you don’t agree with it.


Then again, BGG doesn't have an option for downvoting.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryucoo
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
KnobleSavage wrote:
Ryucoo wrote:

Lol, not one to blow my own trumpet but the billions of thumbs I’ve had for my contributions to this discussion suggest otherwise - must be saying something of value even if you don’t agree with it.


Then again, BGG doesn't have an option for downvoting.


Every mean thing said to me is like a downvote in my heart.
23 
 Thumb up
1.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Isaksen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryucoo wrote:
EricHogue wrote:
torgoshuffle wrote:
Ryucoo wrote:
Christ, it’s his students I feel sorry for.

That's a bit personal, isn't it? Care to elaborate?


Many of the people in here are trying to have a serious discussion, but there is no evidence Ryucco is among them.


Lol, not one to blow my own trumpet but the billions of thumbs I’ve had for my contributions to this discussion suggest otherwise - must be saying something of value even if you don’t agree with it.


Beeing smarky and feeding haters will get you tons of those.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryucoo
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Sephakay wrote:
Ryucoo wrote:
EricHogue wrote:
torgoshuffle wrote:
Ryucoo wrote:
Christ, it’s his students I feel sorry for.

That's a bit personal, isn't it? Care to elaborate?


Many of the people in here are trying to have a serious discussion, but there is no evidence Ryucco is among them.


Lol, not one to blow my own trumpet but the billions of thumbs I’ve had for my contributions to this discussion suggest otherwise - must be saying something of value even if you don’t agree with it.


Beeing smarky and feeding haters will get you tons of those.


Well, there was me thinking we presented our conflicting sides of the debate, settled our differences and were looking forward to holidaying together at some point in the near future.

Look, you can dress what I’ve said up as trolling all you like, the record is there for everyone to see. I simply argued that where a misunderstanding is possible, it’s important to be clear and distinguish what you do or what you are selling from things it could be mistaken for, and when using other people’s work you should always credit the original artist. He shouldn’t be calling work ‘painting’ when it’s digital, he shouldn’t be omitting the fact that he uses photoshop in his process and he shouldn’t be lifting other people’s work without crediting them.

People haven’t got butthurt because I’ve been snarky, people have got upset because they don’t like being trumped by a rational argument.
14 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Isaksen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryucoo wrote:
Sephakay wrote:
Ryucoo wrote:
EricHogue wrote:
torgoshuffle wrote:
Ryucoo wrote:
Christ, it’s his students I feel sorry for.

That's a bit personal, isn't it? Care to elaborate?


Many of the people in here are trying to have a serious discussion, but there is no evidence Ryucco is among them.


Lol, not one to blow my own trumpet but the billions of thumbs I’ve had for my contributions to this discussion suggest otherwise - must be saying something of value even if you don’t agree with it.


Beeing smarky and feeding haters will get you tons of those.


Well, there was me thinking we presented our conflicting sides of the debate, settled our differences and were looking forward to holidaying together at some point in the near future.

Look, you can dress what I’ve said up as trolling all you like, the record is there for everyone to see. I simply argued that where a misunderstanding is possible, it’s important to be clear and distinguish what you do or what you are selling from things it could be mistaken for, and when using other people’s work you should always credit the original artist. He shouldn’t be calling work ‘painting’ when it’s digital, he shouldn’t be omitting the fact that he uses photoshop in his process and he shouldn’t be lifting other people’s work without crediting them.

People haven’t got butthurt because I’ve been snarky, people have got upset because they don’t like being trumped by a rational argument.


All of that is true and we agree. And the way you presented your point here is enough. But alot of your posts come of as simply trying to be a snarky git and that is annoying, since your point is perfect.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryucoo
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Sephakay wrote:
Ryucoo wrote:
Sephakay wrote:
Ryucoo wrote:
EricHogue wrote:
torgoshuffle wrote:
Ryucoo wrote:
Christ, it’s his students I feel sorry for.

That's a bit personal, isn't it? Care to elaborate?


Many of the people in here are trying to have a serious discussion, but there is no evidence Ryucco is among them.


Lol, not one to blow my own trumpet but the billions of thumbs I’ve had for my contributions to this discussion suggest otherwise - must be saying something of value even if you don’t agree with it.


Beeing smarky and feeding haters will get you tons of those.


Well, there was me thinking we presented our conflicting sides of the debate, settled our differences and were looking forward to holidaying together at some point in the near future.

Look, you can dress what I’ve said up as trolling all you like, the record is there for everyone to see. I simply argued that where a misunderstanding is possible, it’s important to be clear and distinguish what you do or what you are selling from things it could be mistaken for, and when using other people’s work you should always credit the original artist. He shouldn’t be calling work ‘painting’ when it’s digital, he shouldn’t be omitting the fact that he uses photoshop in his process and he shouldn’t be lifting other people’s work without crediting them.

People haven’t got butthurt because I’ve been snarky, people have got upset because they don’t like being trumped by a rational argument.


All of that is true and we agree. And the way you presented your point here is enough. But alot of your posts come of as simply trying to be a snarky git and that is annoying, since your point is perfect.


Restitution for an infraction against logic is repayable in Annoy Dollars $$$

Serious infractions could result in being sent to Snark Prison. It's a very annoying place but the food is ok.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:



Know what? This actually looks like a pretty good idea at this point.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryucoo
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
baba44713 wrote:
tumorous wrote:



Know what? This actually looks like a pretty good idea at this point.



I would be interested in a thread which kept us up to date with those credits Stonemaier Games is rightiously chasing.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Neumann
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
'Thematic?'
badge
"Ugh", Hail sighs. "Dispatch these simpletons quickly. I am already bored with them."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point? :-)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryucoo
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
horstderadler wrote:
At this point? :-)


At the very least get the gang back together, reminisce about old times
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread has devolved into discussion of the discussion (and even discussion of the discussion's discussion) - as such I am locking it here.

Antagonistic, insulting, hateful, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!
38 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  48 , 49 , 50 , 51 , 52  Next »  [52] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.