Popular Tags: [View All]
A S
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the summary states inaccurately that Battletech used anime images without permission. Rather, FASA licensed images from Macross, Dougram and Crusher Joe. This later proved to be a complication and they phased those licensed images out, replacing them with their own intellectual property.

...and don't I regret not picking this game up back when it came out. Tsch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hostman
United States
Alsea
OR
flag msg tools
designer
I've been Banished to Oregon... Gaming in Corvallis, living in Alsea... Need gamers willing to try new things...
badge
The Splattered Imperium
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:About that bit on Battletech...
sanguine (#33718),

Fasa said that they had used them at first without license, and settled a lawsuit by paying a royalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Hiesterman
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I wish to kill you, be at rest as to that, but to kill you quietly in a snug, remote place, where you will not be able to boast of your death to anybody
badge
Caught trouser-free in open country...
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, FASA believed at the time they were licensing the images from the model companies. It turns out that those companies could not license those images and there was a long court battle about it. In the end, FASA had to pay a royalty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.