5 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » General

Subject: Appropriate as a "lunchtime" game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
I have never lost at Ascension nor Shards of Infinity.
badge
mbmbmb
I'd like to introduce a legacy game to my coworkers (who already game during lunch), but I'm uncertain if this would fit within an office-normal "60 minute" lunch. We'd likely have six players each session -- would each game of Charterstone fit within that timeframe with 5-6 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
60 minutes might be a little bit of a stretch for 5-6 players. I played my campaign of Charterstone with 6 players, and we'd play 2 games at a time in a total of 2.5-3 hours. Usually the first game in a session lasted 1.5 hours and the second game 1 hour, based at least partially on setup time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Yeah, I can't see this happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirka Dirka
msg tools
mb
depending on your players, it is possible but very unlikely to complete in 60 mins... especially with setup and put away times added in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenn B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe try one of the games in the fast forward series? like Fast Forward: FORTRESS, not quite a legacy game, but you can play over lunch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.