P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm perplexed by the extension that lets you store two corn on it and move it to your warehouse later.

I understand how it works, so this isn't a rules question. What confuses me is why it's in the D group of extensions.

This seems like it would be useful if it were an A tile. For example, you could use it to road build twice before going to the warehouse with other goods.

But it's too late for it to be of any use by the time the D tiles are out. I've had some games when it only came out on the last round.

Is there some late-game use for it that I'm overlooking?

whistle Is it just there as filler to pad out the length of the game by one round?

I suppose one could houserule that it goes in the A or B group instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I had this exact thought
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Morris
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
It's handy if you're getting corn from fulfilling contracts, or if you've been lagging behind on the road for a bit. If I haven't been shipping stuff to warehouse well I'll often set myself up to complete a contract or two in the final rounds. The flexibility from the corn depot is pretty handy, but the stars really have to align for it to be helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dogtorted wrote:
It's handy if you're getting corn from fulfilling contracts...

OK. I see how, if you are starting on the Market in the last round, it would be possible to buy it and finish the contract there before moving to the Village and putting things in the warehouse. If you have to move to the Market, then you'd probably just go to the Village first. That seems like a pretty small niche for an extension, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
hanibalicious wrote:
My wife and I had this exact thought

Us too. Way too situational to be useful very often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Geist
United States
Overland Park
KS
flag msg tools
I think it would also be a little too powerful in the early game. Being able to move 5 goods to the market in one turn, repeatedly, is pretty powerful. Granted you'd have to accumulate the corn and get the right draw. I think it's pretty much intended to be a one time/end game usage due to it's late placement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwgeist00 wrote:
I think it would also be a little too powerful in the early game. Being able to move 5 goods to the market in one turn, repeatedly, is pretty powerful. Granted you'd have to accumulate the corn and get the right draw.

I don't see how it would be too powerful, because any corn goes to the warehouse regardless. The extension only gives you a little more freedom about which rows the corn goes in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.