Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chrissie McLaugh
United States
Sherwood
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I see armour for every slot except the Back.

On the Hit Location Table, getting hit on the Back gives a +2 damage modifier. I scanned the Armour table and the Treasure tables but I don't see any items I can equip to protect my back.

Does Torso armour also cover your back? I would think that any armour that covers your "torso" means the front of your body and the back but yet there is a separate line for Back which confuses me.

Seems like a big weakness that you can't modify. Why have an equipment slot of "back" if there are no items available? I'm thinking I'm missing something here.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Phillips
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I know it's probably not the right answer, but I put a shield on my back. Cause why not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sdf d
msg tools
badge
My interpretation is that the torso armor also counts for the back. If you look at pictures of a breastplate, cuirass or brigandine, they have back armor. Since the armor is not always optimal in the back, and sometimes less covered, the +2 extra damage seems to make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chrissie McLaugh
United States
Sherwood
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That makes sense. I think I'll roll with that for now. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob W
United States
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree. Attacking and hitting from the back is undoubtedly the most effective way to attack regardless of armor. I think there should always be a +2atk to the back. I play this way, plus I love a challenge devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just FYI there's armor specifically for the back in the new version, so the torso armor definitely doesn't cover this area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"What do you mean, I can't pay in Meeples?"
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
kirkowitz wrote:
Just FYI there's armor specifically for the back in the new version, so the torso armor definitely doesn't cover this area.

v2.1.? Or is there a more recent update?
The back slot is for Legendary Cloaks only up to v2.1. (as far as I know) and they don't have an innate DEF rating. Personally I've been using the Torso DEF rating for the Back as well because it doesn't make sense to me that you'd be running around with no armour there at all. The idea of equipping a shield there is tempting too... hm, decisions, decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.