birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few years back I had started work on a Snoopy variant for RW, but got sidetracked with other projects. But I finally got it knocked-out. At least the BETA version. Naturally, the variant presupposes that you have the Red Baron air unit. I mean, if the Baron isn't there then what would be the point? Ideally, having other air units from the Battle of Brighton expansion would offer a more robust experience, but technically would not be required. The variant also includes some creative new uses for the K9 units from the Spearhead expansion.

The file page can be found here.

In this variant Snoopy, the WWI Flying Ace, will finally get the opportunity to take down his arch nemesis, the Red Baron! If he is successful it will be a devastating blow to the Blight morale! In fact, who could blame them if they just gave up? But even if Snoopy fails his quest for the umpteenth time and the Red Baron sends him crashing down "behind enemy lines" Snoopy is not done! In fact Snoopy cannot die. He will go into his bag of disguises he always keeps with him. Donning his mustache and possibly a Kaiser helmet he becomes Von Snuppe, World Famous Spy! While "behind enemy lines" he will go on a secret mission to infiltrate General Hindenburg's headquarters and steal the secret plans! Will he be successful? It's up to you to Get in the Fight and help Snoopy/Snuppe win the day!

Note that the the first half of the download file is a flavor text prelude story I wrote. The actual rules begin on page seven.

To play the variant you will need two figures, one an air unit to represent Snoopy as the WWI Flying Ace, and the other a ground unit to represent Von Snuppe, the spy. I sculpted my own minis for this.

Snoopy, WWI Flying Ace and Woodstock, the Red Baron in their the crosshairs!

The two faces of Von Snuppe!

Blight Kampfhund with their handlers

Allied Watch Dogs with their handlers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Flint
United States
flag msg tools
I love this. Man, your painted sculpts are just top freakin' notch. Amazing work. Amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! Finally getting around to painting the whole set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls