Lou Harland
United States
McLeansboro
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a warm and sunny Saturday afternoon, a day like any other...or so we thought! We were all gathered together readying to play some cards when all of a sudden a giant ruckus was heard coming from outside. I rose up, went to the window and looked out. "By the gods..."

"What is it Ra?" asked Fanatic.

Omnitron X wheeled over to peer out the window too. "Oh (bleep), its that (bleep, bleep) mad scientist again!"

"Haka smash Baron Blade!!" roared our furious big brown tribal warrior friend.
"Calm down Haka," I said, "save that fury for the battlefield."

We all suited up and raced outside into the bright sunshine of what would have been a nice day in Megalopolis to fight one of our all time enemies, Baron Blade. He paraded into town on his Mobile Defense Platform and stopped outside our Justice Hall. Glaring at me he asked, "Where is that worthless nemesis of mine?"

"Legacy is not here, Ivan. What do you want?"

The Baron began laughing maniacally and whipped out a strange looking contraption from beneath his lab coat. "Well, I guess he'll miss the show then. For I have finally completed my latest invention, the Terralunar Impulsion Beam. With this device, I will be able to pull the moon into the Earth! I will destroy it and then I will rule over the remnants!"

"Not if we have anything to say about it," Fanatic said.

With that, we all jumped into action, but not before Blade had got some good blows in on us. We had only begun to fight and already we were hurting. For a while it appeared that the Baron's plan to pull the moon into the Earth might just happen. We fought back courageously (of course,we're superhe... um, Sentinels!) He continued to fight back and even summoned some minions to assist him.

Not only did we have the Baron and his minions to tend to, but Megalopolis was putting up a fight itself. At one point we even had to rescue citizens from a plunging monorail!

After what seemed like an eternity, we thought we had prevailed when the mad scientist got his second wind! He came back tough, but not as tough as he previously was thankfully.

In the end, we Sentinels were tired and exhausted, but we were victorious. We had saved the Multiverse another day. Although we are certain this victory would be short-lived and we would soon be called upon to defend our world once more. We cannot rest for long, for we are the Sentinels of the Multiverse!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexa Elvrayen

California
msg tools
This isn't so much a session report as a wildly out of character roleplay...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the "story" version of session reports! I've done quite a few of those myself (though they were primarily for Arkham Horror ). Really enjoyed it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Harland
United States
McLeansboro
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexa_Elvrayen wrote:
This isn't so much a session report as a wildly out of character roleplay...

Sorry to disappoint you Alexa! A couple gaming buddies and I had just finished our first play of SotM and this was a brief rundown of some of the highlights we encountered. The remainder of our playgroup was not in attendance at our game day, so I thought I would whet their appetites for the next gathering. While I will admit this is more of a role play characterization of the session than a "session report", I enjoyed writing it and my friends enjoyed reading it. Therefore I feel my objective was accomplished; they were all excited to play SotM at the next gathering!

Hopefully others will get some slight enjoyment from it as well.

Thanks for your input, but your negativity was totally unnecessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Harland
United States
McLeansboro
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Odysseus3 wrote:
I really like the "story" version of session reports! I've done quite a few of those myself (though they were primarily for Arkham Horror ). Really enjoyed it!

Thank you John! This is my first writing of any of my group's gameplays. I am truly thankful for your positive comment. It is really encouraging.

Happy gaming,
Lou

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.