Subject: Dispersal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Roger Duvauchelle
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one Herbivore organism in one hex.

During Phase 3, I decide to disperse another organism (previously placed on my Newborn card) in an adjacent hex occupied by an adverse Herbivore organism of the same shape.

1/ May I place my new organism as a Carnivore?
2/ If so, does my another organism become a Carnivore too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojciech Gołowkow
Poland
Gliwice
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1. You may. But if the new carnivore can not feed on the present herbivore, it immediately becomes endangered.
2. No. A single organism can be a herbivore in one hex and carnivore in another.

What you can do, is use the situation I described in (1) to place an endangered carnivore and use it as dispersal mother for your other newborns and place them as herbivores in other hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
golonko wrote:
1. You may. But if the new carnivore can not feed on the present herbivore, it immediately becomes endangered.
What you can do, is use the situation I described in (1) to place an endangered carnivore and use it as dispersal mother for your other newborns and place them as herbivores in other hexes.

This is not allowed. Per F2, you may only disperse to a habitable location (otherwise the Newborn is immediately returned to Unborns). Per F6, "to inhabit a Biome as a carnivore, the Biome must have a prey suitable for the Creeple to eat (F4)".

Thus you cannot disperse as a Carnivore to a biome without edible prey, even if just planning to use it as a jump-off point.

What you MAY do is disperse as a Herbivore, immediately lose the contest (making it endangered), and then disperse from the endangered Creeple. Essentially the same result that you describe, but your endangered Creeple remains a herbivore.

This could be important in some edge cases if there is some change later in the turn (such as the existing Herbivore undergoing speciation and being inedible. For example, dispersal of endangered triggers a contest if moving into a trophic level inhabited by endangered. If you had an endangered carnivore, they would have to compete with you (and might lose). If you remain a herbivore, the carnivore trophic level is empty and they automatically win (which prevents you from undergoing trophic shift later).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
golonko wrote:
2. No. A single organism can be a herbivore in one hex and carnivore in another.

This is not allowed. Per rule F3c, "a Creeple may not move to inhabit a Biome as a Carnivore unless there is one Herbivore Creeple there that is suitable to eat."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.