Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From my reading of the rulebook, Angle of Attack counters affect where a Site can attack to and be attacked from. This latter bit is what grabs my attention - why only draw Angle of Attack counters for Sites with 1+ Range? Sites with 0 Range can also be attacked from 1+ range, making AoA counters serve a purpose with them as well and making me think I should draw them for any site in Approach (or Pre-Approach).

Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not missing anything. I'm guessing this is a) a holdover from PLD which originally introduced the AoA counters, b) a simplification similar to other Leader series rules, and c) a way to keep the board less cluttered, especially in missions with lots of defending sites.

Of course, nothing is keeping you from doing your own thing and drawing counters for all sites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you, that's good to know. I think I will draw AoA counters for those sites because.... it just feels less gamey (even if the official rule is in favor of the player).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.