Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Hickey
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
pretty GD pricey for a base game. Wonder how they'll screw me with the UBoot pledge? Wish I could cancel it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansions are tiny boxes loose in the shipping box. Did you check?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Winslow
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for the game, period!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hickey
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
yeah, I did... but thanks for the suggestion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure they will help you out when you contact them. We are still waiting in this hemisphere for shipping news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin, it seems you pledged via Backerkit and not Kickstarter and hence are not getting the expansions for free as that is how the campaign was structured: free expansions for the KS backers.

I admit, maybe not ideally but we had to draw a line somewhere and decided as such. I am sorry if you are disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paprike wrote:
I am sure they will help you out when you contact them. We are still waiting in this hemisphere for shipping news.

The games are on the way to Asia/Australia/Oceania. We've been told they arrive within a month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Claessens

Mercer Island
Washington
msg tools
el comandante wrote:
Kevin, it seems you pledged via Backerkit and not Kickstarter and hence are not getting the expansions for free as that is how the campaign was structured: free expansions for the KS backers.

I admit, maybe not ideally but we had to draw a line somewhere and decided as such. I am sorry if you are disappointed.

However...

The description of the game on the front page on bgg says:

“The original game has been further enriched by the addition of two new expansions: Sun of Macedon and Price of Failure. These expansions are not Kickstarter exclusives, so they will be included in all copies of the game.”

Is this statement not accurate anymore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Ozon
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This statement has never been true. It is not compatible with KS page description nor Backerkit pre-order page.

EDIT: I have corrected the description, as this was misleading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
FWIW it seems that statement got added to the description on 2017-05-24:
https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/diff/thing:227460/1584046/158...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hickey
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
"as this was misleading."

ya think? And not only that but I do believe the Backerkit was described as a late pledge which would imply eligibility to the kickstarter goals. But anyway, pal, I've learned my lesson: avoid Phalanx. But unfortunately I pledged Uboot too (thank goodness I experienced this before pledging Lincoln). And I have asked you to cancel my Uboot pledge to which I have not received a reply. I guess the money is more important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Hickey
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb

So despite the evidence that it was advertised differently you still refuse to honor the description? Is the money that important to you? And are you or are you not going to cancel my Uboot pledge, which I have requested multiple times on various venues? A simple yes or no will suffice. Stop evading the request.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Ozon
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
@Kevin - please send us a private message at UBOOT Kickstarter page, and we will make you a refund. Sorry but I can't do this basing only on a forum entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.