Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M-A Hawkes
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Played the first mission earlier today and loved it, thanks Martin for creating this!

My question: If I have 3 shares of Trade, 1 share of Finance and 2 shares of Holdings would I roll three times for Trade, once for Finance and twice for Holdings in Table J - Investments, or roll once for each category?

This will help determine how I invest my newly found gp.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajorHawkes wrote:
My question: If I have 3 shares of Trade, 1 share of Finance and 2 shares of Holdings would I roll three times for Trade, once for Finance and twice for Holdings in Table J - Investments, or roll once for each category?

It's not clear. We are discussing it here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1992593/why-would-anyone-in...

Also see:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1991956/missing-line-table-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From Martin on Facebook D100 Dungeon group:

Quote:
I have been looking over the investments and I must say it was a last minute addition to the rules, designed to help character pay for training.

The rules need better clarity, each full share you own is affected by the result roll.

So if you have 4 shares in an investment that says you gain 2 pips, you will earn 8 pips for the investment roll.

In addition after rolling for investment the character must sell down to a maximum of 10 shares across all of their investments, this will be added to the next errata, probably sometime next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Majami wrote:

Quote:
I have been looking over the investments and I must say it was a last minute addition to the rules, designed to help character pay for training.

The rules need better clarity, each full share you own is affected by the result roll.

So if you have 4 shares in an investment that says you gain 2 pips, you will earn 8 pips for the investment roll.

In addition after rolling for investment the character must sell down to a maximum of 10 shares across all of their investments, this will be added to the next errata, probably sometime next week.

Thanks!

There is still the problem that Holdings and War have a negative return on investment, so there is no reason to invest in those (unless you want to roleplay a financially irresponsible character).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Pattaya
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flying_neko wrote:
Majami wrote:

Quote:

Thanks!

There is still the problem that Holdings and War have a negative return on investment, so there is no reason to invest in those (unless you want to roleplay a financially irresponsible character).

Absolutely correct observation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mason
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say that I love the concept of the investments. It makes for a much more interesting character treasury (as opposed to simply stockpiling 1,000's in gold over the course of a character's adventuring career).

Maybe the solution is to maintain an overall 50:50 chance of success/failure in all investments. However, the investments to the right (HOLDINGS and WAR) might have a more "all or nothing" result? Something like:

-3 shares
-1 share
nil
nil
nil
nil
+1 share
+3 shares

Where as the TRADE and FINANCE are gentler, and only give/take pips?

Regardless, I am loving this game. Please consider all comments as suggestions and not critiques.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r r
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
So what about if you roll and get +2 shares on table J....do you add +2 or multiply that by the number of shares you own in trade or finance? and can someone explain the part where we must sell max of 10 shares?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baker
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osiris123 wrote:
So what about if you roll and get +2 shares on table J....do you add +2 or multiply that by the number of shares you own in trade or finance?

You make 1 roll regardless of the number of different type of investments you own. If you are getting +2 shares, that means you rolled 95-100.

Majami wrote:

Quote:
each full share you own is affected by the result roll.

So this means you would get +2 shares of Trade for every full share of Trade owned, +1 share of Finance for every full share of Finance owned, +4 pips of Holdings for every full share Holdings you own, and +2 shares of Wars for every full share of Wars you own.

Osiris123 wrote:
and can someone explain the part where we must sell max of 10 shares?

I think Martin's comment explains it pretty well:
Quote:
In addition after rolling for investment the character must sell down to a maximum of 10 shares across all of their investments

So if, after rolling, you have 6 Trade, 2 Finance, 2 Holdings, and 3 Wars for 13 total shares, then you must sell 3 shares of your choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.