Thumb up
1 Posts

Axis & Allies Miniatures» Forums » Variants

Subject: Use the Japanese POS to get the Ball! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lord Zogat
flag msg tools
We play with 3 - 4 player Tank wars. We started out just using tanks (cause thats all I bought) to play the game and shoot one another. A simplified version for me as I wasn't a big history buff and really into all of the aspects of the game. I know own over 100 tanks and have all the big-uns...much to the malcontent of my cousin and uncle. Each week at game play its a pissin match to see who has the biggest tank. I know own 2 - 3 of some of the big boys. I often play "The Herd" which consists of 1 - 2 Elephants, a few Jagpanzers, and Hertzer tanks, with a Nashorn thrown in.

Back to the Game varient.

Its fun and can go as long or as short as you want.

We all had those Japanese amphibous things that are useless, which we refer here after as the Japanese POS. By using up to 16 maps laid down with a large lake in the center, we each started in a corner.

The japanese POS had its defence numbers doubled so its a bit harder to kill.

A ball was placed into the center of the lake. Spawn points equal distance away from the lake was placed near each players corner of the board. The span point was about 2 - 3 rounds of movement away from the lake edge.

Ok here is what you do.

Choose a point value and build your army of tanks. Then everyone gets a Japanese POS. After placing your units in your corner, you play as normal and start moving forward towards the lake. Your tanks protect the japanese POS as it is the only vehicle that can enter the water. If it passes over the hex with the ball, the ball moves with it. If the japanese pos is destroyed, it moves back to the spawn point and if it was carrying the ball, remains in the hex in which the POS was destroyed.

Your goal, keep moving the ball towards your spawn point, once you get the ball to the spawn point you win.

A few things emerged in a 4 player game.

1) You may at time want your enemy to get the ball as they may be heading towards your side of the board to some degree, then blow their Japanese POS to bits and acquire the ball.

2) As your other tanks are destroyed, your arnmies abilities and reach start to change, so play wisely.

3) The game may very well come down to just all Japanese POS's, so it best to keep even one big tank back. (Then its like shootin ducks)

We had alot of fun playing it and will play again. It was good for a change. It also made us hate the Japanese POS's even more as we hurtled insults at them everytime they respawned and had to start their way back to the ball.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.