Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I just played my first game of Alexandros yesterday. It was interesting - different, hard to get a feel for for a while - but the theme did absolutely nothing for me. What does this have to do with Alexander?

I think Big Bad Dog is a much better thematic fit: Replace Alexander with a figure of a big, bad, mean, rabid junkyard dog. Each player controls 4 little pathetic street dogs. Big Bad Dog (BBD, hereafter) is going crazy, running from landmark to landmark (think ... places he likes to pee: fire hydrant, mailbox, furniture; places he likes to hang out: park, base of tree with cat hiding in it; etc. [replace the board/card pictures of urns, harps etc with these). BBD is, of course, marking his territory as he goes (use yellow sticks instead of black?). Our little dogs would never dare mess with BBD's markings; they can, however, temporarily claim sections of BBD's territory. Game is over when BBD can't pee anymore, and goes looking for some little dogs to beat up.

Much better than greek conquest, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Retheming Alexandros: Big Bad Dog
snoozefest (#33791),

Although I don't find the theme quite as unengaging as most, it occurred to me that a Western Frontier sort of theme with cattle ranches and cowboys would work pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.