Roll Player» Forums » Rules

Subject: Timing of effects (druid ability+expansion cards) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Nguyen
United States
California
flag msg tools
1. So some cards like climb says "before or after selecting an initiative dice..." I am assuming you can only activate this skill card on your turn of choosing an initiative card? Usually skills can be used at any time even during an opponents turn, but in these cases its only on your turn correct?

2. For the druid ability does this mean that you have to do this somewhere in the phase where you choose initiative? Can you pull a card from the discard from the discard to the market during your turn in the market phase? This seems a little weak in multiplayer since it pushes you to take lower and weaker value dice to make the ability effective, else you are just feeding others good cards.

3. The Trolls "throw" attack card in the expansion gives 3 combat dice to the player with the most xp. Do they in turn get to turn in that xp to gain even more mercenaries? Rules only clarify that you resolve by attack, obstacle, and then attack. It doesnt specify when you use xp to hire more mercenaries.

4. For the bard I am assuming you can only get the additional buy from the market if you choose to buy from the market first. You can't go on a hunt and get the additional buy right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rollandtwo wrote:
1. So some cards like climb says "before or after selecting an initiative dice..." I am assuming you can only activate this skill card on your turn of choosing an initiative card? Usually skills can be used at any time even during an opponents turn, but in these cases its only on your turn correct?
That's how we play it.

Rollandtwo wrote:
2. For the druid ability does this mean that you have to do this somewhere in the phase where you choose initiative? Can you pull a card from the discard from the discard to the market during your turn in the market phase? This seems a little weak in multiplayer since it pushes you to take lower and weaker value dice to make the ability effective, else you are just feeding others good cards.
I have no idea, I don't know what the druid does from this description, and didn't bother to go pull out the game to look.

Rollandtwo wrote:
3. The Trolls "throw" attack card in the expansion gives 3 combat dice to the player with the most xp. Do they in turn get to turn in that xp to gain even more mercenaries? Rules only clarify that you resolve by attack, obstacle, and then attack. It doesnt specify when you use xp to hire more mercenaries.
I would say you check the XP totals at the very end of the game as you're about to start preparing for the final boss fight. Then you can spend them.

Rollandtwo wrote:
4. For the bard I am assuming you can only get the additional buy from the market if you choose to buy from the market first. You can't go on a hunt and get the additional buy right?
See druid answer above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Correct.

2. This is done between the Dice phase and the Market phase. It's a good ability to either create more noise in the market, so you can have a better chance at getting a card you want already in the market, or if you have the first initiative spot you can have the chance to buy any card in the discard pile.

3. Hire mercenaries after the Adventure cards are resolved.

4. Correct.

Hope that helps.

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.