Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frédéric MOULIS
France
TOURS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've got a player on boiteajeux.net who played pet "Flower Power" on the same combat turn when the Spell "Song of Courage" was casted.

What happened (because it is my interpretation and I've implemented the game on boitajeux) :
- On first step of conquering, fatigue was applied and instead of conquering a tile, the player released an adventurer from prison, and he lost one evilness.
- Conquering step has been re-done, so fatigue applied once again, and a tile was conquered (+ loss of evilness)

I think that even if the pet "Flower Power" is played, the conquer&fatique step is not prevented (only the effect of conquering is replaced), and so the second conquering must be done.

But he thinks that the pet Flower Power prevents conquering (because no tile is conquered), so the second conquering step should not occur.

What do you think about that ? Is there a bug I have to fix ?

Thanks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaut Palfer-Sollier
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ideally, you would get the answer from God.
My take is that there is a very specific wording that prevents the conquest and fatigue phase. This wording is not used here. So I would tend to agree with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
totally agree with both these interpretations. i feel the intent of the pet is to allow releasing a prisoner instead of turning over of a tile. there is still conquering, it just manifests itself differently.

further, in no place anywhere in the game is there a prevention of conquering while also allowing fatigue - the 2 are always prevented together in the conquering step.

the only real question in my mind is whether flower power can be used in the second conquering to again release a prisoner instead of flipping a tile. i would say no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there was a previous thread on this, and most respondents (though not that many) conclude conquering happens twice and power can be used only once

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1045310/uni-and-song-courag...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frédéric MOULIS
France
TOURS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWashington wrote:
there was a previous thread on this, and most respondents (though not that many) conclude conquering happens twice and power can be used only once

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1045310/uni-and-song-courag...

Thanks for finding the other thread.
I had looked for Flower Power, not for Uni.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frédéric MOULIS
France
TOURS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vlaada wrote:
Hello Frederic,

The community is right. Conquering happens twice, and only for one of them, you may use Uni's power.

[...]

Regards,
Vlaada
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.