Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Earl Robinson
United States
Caldwell
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I like this game, but it leaves the major powers completely at the mercy of the luck of the draw. This variant is an attempt to give players the chance to face the decisions that their historical counter parts did. It’s frustrating for the French to see Britain collecting allies and to not get a campaign card until it’s too late to launch a successful attack. One of Napoleons talents was timing. One of the quickest ways to get a visit from the imperial guard was to ally with Britain. With this variant you can always attack the enemy. And, if you are willing to pay the price in resources or influence, anyone else who stands between you and your destiny. This only applies to land campaigns, you know where the enemy capital is and can force battle, but you can't be certain where his fleet is or force it to come out and fight.

-At the start of each era place the land campaign cards from the appropriate deck face up near the map.

-You may play a card from this group for campaigns in nations allied with France or Britain instead of one from your hand.

-Campaigns in other nations may be played by giving your opponent a number of cards from your hand equal to the victory point value of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. Love to hear how you like this once you play it a few times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Earl Robinson
United States
Caldwell
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this needs some work. Now I’ve got armies teleporting around Europe and two many campaigns going at one time. I’ll keep working on it. I just think I would have more fun if major campaigns are not random events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Regulski
United Kingdom
LEEDS
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
the campaigns are still resolved at the end of the Era ? Trying just using HALF of the Campaign cards then - randomly selected, the others go in the deck..any use ??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Regulski
United Kingdom
LEEDS
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Personally i think what could be an issue, is if you don't get any campaign cards and your opponent just discards his...ONE WAY is to have a seperate " deck " of campaign cards and players get a number as " part of their " draw " - depending on Era of course e.g. ERA one : 1 each for rounds one and two [ with the fifth one randomly in the deck ] ERA two : 1 each on all 3 rounds ] ERA three : as for Era two and two cards randomly in the deck....

" ch**** that's clever.."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.