Tiananmen Square: The Unknown Protester» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Government victory rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabio Piovesan
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems impossible to me for the Government player to win a game... am I missing something? The protester will always be in front of the leading tank...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Green
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fabio,

Thanks for taking the time to post your question.

SPOILER ALERT:

You are not missing anything. I don't come out and say it in the game description but it is in fact impossible for the Government player to win the game unless the Protester player blunders. Just like the historical event where the Protester just kept stepping in front of the tanks. If you have not seen the video taken that day. Link to CNN News coverage has been added to the video section for this game.

This falls into to the Category "Board Games as Art".

It's intended to make you think about the situation, maybe ask why the tanks did not just run over the protester, and wonder if the Student Protester is even still alive considering his defiant act that day.

It's a game you own, talk about and share with friends who would appreciate the concept. There is no expectation that you actually sit down and play the game. If seeing it made you pause, then it accomplished it's goal.

I still have long term plans of making this available as a deluxe boxed version. Crazy, right? As a Kickstarter I'd hope the stretch goals could include donating some of the funds raised for Amnesty International or similar Pro-Freedom Pro-Human Rights organization.

For obvious reasons news of the actual event has been censored in China. Many young people in that country do not even know it happened.

Now that you are "in the know" I hope you tell some friends about the game.

-Ref Tom Green
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Piovesan
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom, thanks for your reply and for your design.
I was just 8, but I remember perfectly.
"Board Games as Art" is awesome.
I'll share this game for sure, probably on June 5, 2018.
Please export the text for me and I'll translate it to Italian.
All the best

F/\B!O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Green
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A translation would be greatly appreciated. You may have already seen I have a separate FORUM set up for that.

Maybe you know friends who could translate it into other languages as well.

If you need the text, I added it to the initial post in the FORUM about translations.

Thanks in advance to anyone who adds a translation there.

- Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.