Subject: Roll on the patrol table rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Anderson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When it says to do this, do you use the table on the army card that I am playing as or the one on the card for the nationality I have designated is the enemy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any reference to the Patrol Table is related to the Enemy Presence and hence you should use the Enemy Army Card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Anderson
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Roll on the patrol table + other questions...
Okay, thanks.
Some other things:
1. I saw on another post that if an enemy unit enters "on the previous stripe" according to the roll on the Patrol table, this means stripe 1, correct?
2. I am currently trying mission 1 and the enemy has spawned a LMG on a building on stripe 5 and I have 2 groups on stripe 6 that from the combat rolls so far, I would say are pinned down. (I have spent most of my AP recovering suppressed units). On the next turn, the enemy activated on a roll of 5, which says "If there is a target group at range 1, advance then attack". That LMG has been doing pretty well but does that mean he is now going to leave the safety of the +2 TN of that building and come out into the open in a stripe where I have 2 groups...?
3. If a group that is in cover gets attacked and one of the units takes a hit and gets suppressed, if I use a BAP to recover him is he then back in cover again with the rest of the group?
4. "Regardless of the number of available AP, a unit can attack only once per game turn." Can a unit move more than once per turn (after resolving each action from flipping the [?] counters)?

By the way, any news on a rules update? I think a lot of this would be more clear by using tables rather than paragraphs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gottardo Zancani
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ddtank wrote:

1. I saw on another post that if an enemy unit enters "on the previous stripe" according to the roll on the Patrol table, this means stripe 1, correct?

Enemy units entering as a result of the Enemy Presence Table are placed on stripe #1: Enemies entering as a result of an event marker are placed relatively to the maker.
ddtank wrote:

2. I am currently trying mission 1 and the enemy has spawned a LMG on a building on stripe 5 and I have 2 groups on stripe 6 that from the combat rolls so far, I would say are pinned down. (I have spent most of my AP recovering suppressed units). On the next turn, the enemy activated on a roll of 5, which says "If there is a target group at range 1, advance then attack". That LMG has been doing pretty well but does that mean he is now going to leave the safety of the +2 TN of that building and come out into the open in a stripe where I have 2 groups...?

In such a case the LMG should advance and get at least a Cover marker if no empty terrain features are available.

ddtank wrote:

3. If a group that is in cover gets attacked and one of the units takes a hit and gets suppressed, if I use a BAP to recover him is he then back in cover again with the rest of the group?

Yes

ddtank wrote:

4. "Regardless of the number of available AP, a unit can attack only once per game turn." Can a unit move more than once per turn (after resolving each action from flipping the [?] counters)?

Yes, you can spend multiple AD to move more than once.

ddtank wrote:

By the way, any news on a rules update? I think a lot of this would be more clear by using tables rather than paragraphs.

I will check with the publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.