World in Flames» Forums » Rules

Subject: Learning supply rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deloid McGeehee
msg tools
mbmb
Hi all!

I've been teaching myself the rules from scratch, and have nobody to help, so I'm resorting to brute force book learning, and the Matrix World in Flames tutorial videos (in the understanding that they are outdated and slightly different.)

One question that is driving me crazy about supply is in this video by Matrix Games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iouk3W8LdY

At 11 minutes and 44 seconds, the teacher moves the German LXIII Infantry unit, and claims it cuts off supply from the Polish unit from both Krakow and Katowice. However, there is still a direct shot on the rail from the Polish unit to Krakow.

How does the movement of LXIII corp block the supply to the Polish unit, as claimed in the video? This is driving me nuts that I don't understand it.

Any help is appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Karlsson
Sweden
Linköping
Östergötland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krakow and the rail hex are now both in enemy ZOC. This prevents them from functioning as a supply source or a supply path.

(Is Katowice under the Polish cavalry unit? Then that unit is still in supply, because friendly units in the hex negate enemy ZOC there for supply purposes.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deloid McGeehee
msg tools
mbmb
THANK YOU. ZoC! That never occurred to me. I need to start looking at most of the pieces as giant 7 hex covering pieces in my mind.

In this example, he was demonstrating how to cut off a unit. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.