Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: World War Hulk preview live from UD rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Inlow
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
http://upperdeckblog.com/2018/05/legendary-world-war-hulk-ca...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shaunessy

California
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
You can join the discussion on the Legendary: World War Hulk page here :What's in the box? - We have a Hulk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, it’s so tempting to look, but I really want to avoid further spoilers. Someone let me know if they nail down a release date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shaunessy

California
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
Man, it’s so tempting to look, but I really want to avoid further spoilers. Someone let me know if they nail down a release date.

June 27
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark UD OP wrote:
June 27

So quick with his response that he didn't even bring punctuation. Thanks, Mark!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Masouras
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was excited for this set, but having seen these I am less so. Any one else feel that way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Knutson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Masouras wrote:
I was excited for this set, but having seen these I am less so. Any one else feel that way?

Yes, but I suspect that is because this set reminds me of Secret Wars in that not many of the new Heroes seem extremely appealing to me (although I really like She-Hulk and Ironman Hulkbuster).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Masouras wrote:

Just the opposite reaction for me. Looks great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Legendary Fanatic
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zakk1121 wrote:
Masouras wrote:

Yes, but I suspect that is because this set reminds me of Secret Wars in that not many of the new Heroes seem extremely appealing to me (although I really like She-Hulk and Ironman Hulkbuster).

I'm a bit conflicted and it's definitely due to the Warbound heroes. Will I buy this expansion? Absolutely! There's enough to excite me simply with the new schemes and She-Hulk (finally). And I can't wait to get a group of heroes together to try to stop Hulk in the WW Hulk scheme - that sounds epic! But I most enjoy games that have plausible hero groupings (personal preference). So the thought of a grouping of Captain America, Vision, and Miek (or No Name) facing off against Dr. Doom just doesn't do it for me. But replace those Warbound with a She-Hulk and I'm good to go!

That being said, I will still play a few games with Hulk and his Warbound against the Red King to enjoy the theming of the set. And I'll probably also create Sakaar scenarios whereas when a Sakaar scheme is randomly selected, I'll randomly select two of the Warbound and then randomly select a non-Warbound hero. Sort of like an issue of What If? "What if Namor, the Sub-Mariner had been sent to Sakaar instead of the Hulk?"

Okay, I've got to admit, the more I write about it, the more excited I get about the possibilities!

But although themed-expansions can be fun, my favorite expansions are still the ones that increase the 616 hero base and fill in the blanks for missing high-profile heroes (Dark City, FF, PTTR, GOTG, X-Men). Where are you, my Avengers Big Box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Civil War had all Avengers but one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fromper Fromper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Civil War had all Avengers but one.

???

I'm not seeing Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Wasp, Ant-Man (or any other variation of Pym), War Machine, Wonder Man, or several other long time Avengers as playable heroes in Civil War or any other expansion.

Or She-Hulk, but this WWH set has her covered, hopefully with an Avengers team affiliation.

There's plenty of material for an Avengers big box, just using heroes and villains that aren't already in the game. Or in some cases, heroes that do exist in the game, but need an Avengers version (Beast, solo Black Panther, etc). Or some villains that could use an upgrade to mastermind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Every Hero (set) in Civil War, minus Speedball, had an Avengers affiliation. If that's not an "Avengers big box," as was requested, I don't know what is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Every Hero (set) in Civil War, minus Speedball, had an Avengers affiliation. If that's not an "Avengers big box," as was requested, I don't know what is.

It was definitely an Avengers big box, it just didn’t have all the Avengers and their bad guys that people would be hoping for in an Avengers big box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Legendary Fanatic
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:

I'm not sure I completely agree with that. If UD put out a new Villains big box and one of the Allies was Kitty Pryde, would that still be a true Villains big box?

But seriously, although Civil War did indeed have plenty of Avengers per se, I was really thinking about "grown-up" Avengers, not so many Young Avengers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.