Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody know where we stand with the reprint of Spirit and it's first expansion in retail?

I was under the impression it was intended to be this month or early June, but wanted to confirm this to be the case, or (if really lucky) get an update from the developers/publisher on the current state of those shipments (either into the warehouse or out to retailers).

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Johnston
United States
Marietta
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for the same information
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ive been wanting the same information. I have been calling my FLGSs nearly on a daily basis to see there stock. They have all said the same thing..."We are still waiting." I was under the impression that the warehouses were being filled toward the end of April and pushed out to stores in May.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As of May 3rd, the fourth printing of the base game and the third (?) printing of Branch and Claw are on a boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grysqrl wrote:
As of May 3rd, the fourth printing of the base game and the third (?) printing of Branch and Claw are on a boat.

Just two questions:

1. How do you know?

2. Any idea what that translates to in terms of availability? Is this a fast boat? A slow boat? FFG gives an estimate of 7-10 days from when that status changes for it to arrive at their warehouses... similar here? When did it get on the boat?

Ok.. I cheated a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Once a month, normally on the first Tuesday, Paul Bender does a "State of GtG - Month/Year" post on their official forums. That post summarizes major activity from the last month, and includes the following status updates:

- In stock since (previous month)
- Shipping to Backers
- In Transit, on a boat
- Completed Mass Production, in China
- In Mass Production
- Pre-Press Work
- WIP focus priority
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Quinlivan
Australia
West Australia
flag msg tools
Click the link in Brian’s post (May 3rd) - goes to an update, listed there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, I see.

Still have no context for what any of that means in terms of timing, but lets hope it isn't much longer. I just wish there was someplace to set up a pre-order so I can "set and forget" my ownership of this and not have to spend every damn day checking retailer stock, but I don't hold that against the designers or publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Ahh, I see.

Still have no context for what any of that means in terms of timing, but lets hope it isn't much longer. I just wish there was someplace to set up a pre-order so I can "set and forget" my ownership of this and not have to spend every damn day checking retailer stock, but I don't hold that against the designers or publisher.

If you have a FLGS, you might try checking with them. Mine will usually order things for me or set them aside when they arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Per Paul Bender, as of this morning the print run is a) on a train in New Mexico and b) sold out to distributors. He advises picking up immediately if you see it in the wild. More details in the link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Johnston
United States
Marietta
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jsdougan wrote:
Per Paul Bender, as of this morning the print run is a) on a train in New Mexico and b) sold out to distributors. He advises picking up immediately if you see it in the wild. More details in the link.

He mentions that it should be around by Origins (which when I looked it up starts June 13th) Sounds like 2-3 weeks then.

grysqrl wrote:
Anarchosyn wrote:
Ahh, I see.

If you have a FLGS, you might try checking with them. Mine will usually order things for me or set them aside when they arrive.

I would go the FLGS route myself, but to be quite frank, the closest FLGS that would carry something like this is about an hour away for me, and if I'm looking to buy the base + expansion I'll likely be paying an extra $30-$40 by buying it offline. So, when faced with a 2 hour round trip and spending the equivalent of an extra game in retailer markup I tend to just go online. I would gladly pay money now to an online retailer that is offering free shipping to ensure a copy. It must be close enough to be able to determine how many copies the retailers will be receiving and dole out pre-orders accordingly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.W. T.
New Zealand
Nelson
flag msg tools
I'm waiting for the expansion to show up at a certain place online too, because I have points stored up that I can use instead of real money. Been checking multiple times a day since the update about the train...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK, someone help me understand this. On amazon they are saying they have it “In Stock” but it’s costing $119??? That’s ludicrous. Earlier they had it as a pre-order but now it clearly says “In Stock”. Ow can they charge that much for the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suman11 wrote:
OK, someone help me understand this. On amazon they are saying they have it “In Stock” but it’s costing $119??? That’s ludicrous. Earlier they had it as a pre-order but now it clearly says “In Stock”. Ow can they charge that much for the game?

Those are not being sold by Amazon direct, but by a random individual who Amazon facilitates.

In the case of Spirit Island, this appears to be "Greater Than Games." They're exploiting the rarity of the title for personal gain.

Prices will equalize when the new stock comes in, around mid June from previous comments.

*edit: Hah, my bad -- Greater Than Games is the publisher, but the core of my post is correct (i.e. "these are being sold by a homespun resellers, and not through official sources").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
In the case of Spirit Island, this appears to be "Greater Than Games."
The listing that shows up on Amazon for me now is from a different vendor with a different name--was there a vendor trying to sell as "Greater than Games" earlier?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Giroir
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
Anarchosyn wrote:
In the case of Spirit Island, this appears to be "Greater Than Games."
The listing that shows up on Amazon for me now is from a different vendor with a different name--was there a vendor trying to sell as "Greater than Games" earlier?

Yeah please don't confuse the maker of the product with the seller. The listing I see on Amazon US is "Rasshu" selling the product at way above MSRP. "Greater Than Games" is the publisher of the game, not the seller in that listing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, that same company is currently selling Scythe for $133.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Henderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As of 30th of May, all majors has sold out of pre-sales and I am kicking myself for not getting in line. I was waiting on memorial sales that somewhat never happen. Good luck on the hunt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bender
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
If you don't wind up getting any from retailers from the print run that is about to go out, don't overpay to 3rd party Amazon seller's! There will be another, larger print run that goes out mid August.

Also, if it helps anyone, there will definitely be copies for sale at UK Games Expo this week, and at Gen Con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djinnfoo wrote:
As of 30th of May, all majors has sold out of pre-sales and I am kicking myself for not getting in line. I was waiting on memorial sales that somewhat never happen. Good luck on the hunt.

For what it is worth, I've been watching Miniature Market and CoolStuff since before I started this thread, and neither have reactivated the product for pre-sale (in relation to this upcoming batch). It's not impossible I missed a very short window of availability at Miniature Market, but CoolStuff I established an alert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
djinnfoo wrote:

For what it is worth, I've been watching Miniature Market and CoolStuff since before I started this thread, and neither have reactivated the product for pre-sale (in relation to this upcoming batch). It's not impossible I missed a very short window of availability at Miniature Market, but CoolStuff I established an alert.

I set up an alert on MM and I haven’t received anything from them telling me they have stock or any pre-sale option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Merritt
United States
Centerton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
As of today I see Amazon does have it in stock for $79.95. However, I also have alerts on MM and CSI and have not received any in stock notifications

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Johnston
United States
Marietta
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How is it that Amazon has it in stock before anyone else has it on pre-order? Something tells me that isn't quite right on availability.

Now I'm debating whether I want to pay the extra cost to ensure a copy now, or wait for Coolstuffinc, Miniature Market or someone else has it listed $20 cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marky_marc wrote:
How is it that Amazon has it in stock before anyone else has it on pre-order?
That happened on a previous printing too. I think it has to do with the distribution, that somehow they're bigger and get it sooner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Johnston
United States
Marietta
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
Marky_marc wrote:
How is it that Amazon has it in stock before anyone else has it on pre-order?
That happened on a previous printing too. I think it has to do with the distribution, that somehow they're bigger and get it sooner.

Makes sense. I guess this means keep your eyes open, it should be hitting your favorite retailer soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.