• [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
After all, a murder is only an extroverted suicide.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gosh, that website truly looks atrocious. Nothing on it gives me any envy to go through it, it's like I'm back in the early 90' zombie Either that, or a default page for a domain name placeholder... Anyway !

It's nice to have an Enhanced edition - I tried to love the original one, but the oldey looks didn't help, alas - but there are no more details about it ? No images, no insight as to how the rulebook may have been changed ? That's a little sad... as I'd probably try it out and just get the pre-order !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure more info will come out over time. It usually takes at least 6 months to a year for a game to come out once ut hits 500 preorder level.

They are also supposed to be coming out with a new website soon I believe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, but I suppose they already have that new art ? We can see a vague image; but nothing else. Wouldn't it be something neat to encourage potential buyers ? I P500ed Navajo Wars some years (!) ago, and it seems to me it's a more "known" game than The Peloponnesian War... so 6 months doesn't look very realistic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eawyne wrote:
Gosh, that website truly looks atrocious. Nothing on it gives me any envy to go through it, it's like I'm back in the early 90' zombie Either that, or a default page for a domain name placeholder...

Everybody can do with a bit of non-conformism, and I'm sure I'll miss it when the new website will go up next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
takai wrote:
Eawyne wrote:
Gosh, that website truly looks atrocious. Nothing on it gives me any envy to go through it, it's like I'm back in the early 90' zombie Either that, or a default page for a domain name placeholder...

Everybody can do with a bit of non-conformism, and I'm sure I'll miss it when the new website will go up next week.

Well, if I hadn't been on that page on purpose, I wouldn't really feel attracted by the company that goes this far in non-conformism... but it's just my two cents, indeed !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eawyne wrote:

The Website is being upgraded next week (it's been a going concern the last 3-4 years).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colmenarez wrote:
Eawyne wrote:

The Website is being upgraded next week (it's been a going concern the last 3-4 years).

My wife actually started to study the code - she's a webdesigner - but I told her that a redesign was underway. She'd probably end up offering her services to help out ninja

And just to clarify : I did mean to actually inquire about the design of the website, not just bash on it... because I'm also deeply interested in the new version of the game, as I felt quite sad to not having managed to get into the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Culwell-Kanarek
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of wargame companies have worse websites than GMT. And have you used http://www.consimworld.com/? I have my complaints about GMT's site (mainly the search) but it does its job for the most part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn Smith
England
Bourne
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
"We don't see things as they are, but as we are." Anais Nin
mbmbmbmbmb
gingrasc wrote:

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I pre-ordered on the spot! Let the long wait begin...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge ML
Spain
Madrid
MADRID
flag msg tools
mbmb
So did I! I own the original game and one of the better parts of that game was the booklet included a great deal of information about the historic facts. High educational value and it happens to be a great and easy-to-learn game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Sánchez
Spain
LM City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the enhacements incorporated in this new edition? Do someone know?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Togu Oppusunggu
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
More information from Mark Herman about this new edition:

http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=20267
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting for some images before I take a final decision. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Wtf??!!

I asked if there was a chance for a reprint of this game last fall.
Mark Herman's response;

MarkHerman wrote:
Lowden025 wrote:
Any hope of a reprint of this game? goo (The original Peloponnesian War)

Maybe, but right now Pericles covers the same topic and plays well solitaire, so I'm in no rush right now as I have moved onto other projects.

Mark

I figured there was no way, with Pericles taking on the role of the more recent "golden child".
A very pleasant surprise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C GX
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
first time a date is mentioned : https://mailchi.mp/38c15d3f0429/june-18-update-from-gmt

"Early-Mid 2019"

Of course, this will probably slip, but hey, at least a date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Delval
Belgium
Sint-Genesius-Rode
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm especially curious about the visuals. I do hope the units will depict some prettier art of Hoplites etc.
Rules are important but I demand a minimum of visual appeal if i'm going to have to lean over a game for 3 hours...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darthvegeta800 wrote:
I'm especially curious about the visuals. I do hope the units will depict some prettier art of Hoplites etc.
Rules are important but I demand a minimum of visual appeal if i'm going to have to lean over a game for 3 hours...

That game here, Syracuse (415/413 av. J.-C.), has among the best antique art for counters cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Delval
Belgium
Sint-Genesius-Rode
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eawyne wrote:
Darthvegeta800 wrote:

That game here, Syracuse (415/413 av. J.-C.), has among the best antique art for counters cool

Have it.
Vae Victis is a magazine that rocks.

Je suis Belge donc... français, néerlandais, anglais... aucun problème!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would never play the game, but just for the counters, I'd love to have it laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Delval
Belgium
Sint-Genesius-Rode
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eawyne wrote:
I would never play the game, but just for the counters, I'd love to have it laugh

Vae Victis has a lot of good magazine games though. Give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darthvegeta800 wrote:
Eawyne wrote:

Vae Victis has a lot of good magazine games though. Give it a try.

Oh I know But I don't solo multi-player games, and I wouldn't have a partner for those games... so no real purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.