Noah Bradlee
United States
Bolton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dad: Roy Harper
Me: Oliver Queen

Like how the new Crossover Packs do it, we shuffled the Arrow cards into the top half of the main deck of Heroes Unite. Then I zoned out and shuffled it anyways. Somehow most of the card appeared in the top half anyway, besides Detective Lance, whom we prefer to remove from a 2-player game.

Given that the Arrow Super Heroes aren't really that powerful (especially the ones we were playing with), I was suspecting this game might run a bit long. But then the Line-Up started with not one, but two Hawkgirls! We both bought one, and on top of that I bought Blue Lantern Power Ring! Needless to say, it was clear Heroes would be in high demand this game. I purchased Verdant, which I consider to be one of the best cards in the entire series, and immediately resolved to never use Oliver Queen's ability for the rest of the game. And to top off my reign of terror, Skeets and Plastic Man ensured I'd be playing that Power Ring constantly.

After much delay (and somehow no Super Powers in the Line-Up), Dad finally bought Edward Fyers. I got most of the Super-Villains after that, besides Count Vertigo. Dad managed to score Bronze Tiger for free using a combination of Collapsible Staff and Arrow's Bow. Unfortunately or him, Mr. Blank wasn't gonna get anything better than Punch from me. He also managed to grab the two other Skeets, so his deck was making some pretty nice plays from time to time as well.

Slade Wilson hit both of us hard. I discarded 4 cards, while Dad discarded 3. Soon afterwards, Dad finished the game by buying Slade Wilson.

Final Scores
Dad - 49
Me - 62

Yikes! And it's not like I had Sciencell or a bunch of Power Rings or anything. I just had a killer combo with some of the most powerful cards in the game, strong enough to overcome not using my Super Hero ability (not that Roy Harper is much better, I think he got +2 power only four times in the entire game, which is above average).

Well, until next time, my name is Oliver Queen, I stopped watching Season 6, and you have failed this city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.