William Byrne
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd start them on Turn 1, for three reasons:
-- Reno led off the battle.
-- The "Undivided Command" scenario omits any mention of Turn of Entry. If any of the cavalry entered on a turn other than the first, I would have expected the scenario to be specific.
-- There's a "Benteen Arrives Early" scenario. If Reno didn't arrive on Turn 1, I imagine there'd be still another scenario in which he did.

I understand that I'm just another player trying to make sense out of the rules. However, Michael Kennedy, the designer, was very responsive when I emailed questions to him a while back. Hopefully he'll see the discussions here and weigh in on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Byrne
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a question back at ya': In the Lost Battalion scenario there's no mention of either turn or place of entry for the four 2nd Cavalry companies. Again, it seems they'd enter on Turn 1 and wherever the owning player desired. On the other hand, varying the time of their arrival might be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lind
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
My favorite response to anyone's question about how something happened.
badge
Really, Mom, I was just sittin' here mindin' my own business!
mbmbmbmbmb
haubitze wrote:
Here's a question back at ya': In the Lost Battalion scenario there's no mention of either turn or place of entry for the four 2nd Cavalry companies. Again, it seems they'd enter on Turn 1 and wherever the owning player desired. On the other hand, varying the time of their arrival might be interesting.

Varying the arrival time does sound interesting and I've put that down on my list of things to try out. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.