United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Commentary free edition:

Why don't snakes have legs? -jpwoo

-shumyum

"Steve Irwin couldn't make up his mind about what he should do next; should he read the Old Testament, or go to the Barefoot Festival or visit the Pinball Hall?" -maho

-Reish Galuta

Steve Irwin, with his supple Snake-like wrists, got the high score on Noah's Ark pinball!-Wallynate

-Mabby

Aquaman's day off consists of beating his high score on Noah's Ark Pinball in his platypus-decor rec-room. -maloma

-Gee Whiz

Lizardman had his sights set to achieve a new highscore on the Platypus Lounge's classic, Genesis-themed pinball machine. -Ozludo

-Cringing Dragon

In spite of Platypus's best impersonation of Manet's Olympia, Dr Troglodyte was far too busy racking up a high score in Man Ball to notice. -Muzza
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Special thanks to Reish Galuta for subbing in on this thread.

I love the similarities and dissimilarities in the last few pics. When you draw someone playing pinball, it is over the shoulder facing right apparently!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL, I just noticed Gee Whiz's platypus ashtray!

Silly fun, gang, well done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Grelis
Australia
Surry Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
HO!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crickey!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe that what I had to draw started out as "Why don't snakes have legs?"
Absolutely brilliant translation of that by shumyum, mind you. I've no idea what I'd have done if handed that.
Also, everyone else draws much better pinball machines than I do, and I picked the wrong sort of Genesis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
No no no, you picked the right one. I went with Genesis over New Testament or Noah hoping that you'd go all Phil Collins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin
Australia
Murrumbeena
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're not alone - I would have gone with Phil Collins too if I'd been the one who received Ozludo's sentence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apparently the members of genesis have very silly walks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
Jpwoo wrote:
apparently the members of genesis have very silly walks
That's because they can't dance. Or talk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knight
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Jpwoo wrote:
I love the similarities and dissimilarities in the last few pics. When you draw someone playing pinball, it is over the shoulder facing right apparently!

I am always fascinated by this. I love the weird twists and turns these take, but I am even more surprised when drawings or sentences end up being identical.

And of course, when I am sure I know what the prompt was I am always wrong. And when I think I am being clever (like here) my contribution is simply a copy of the previous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Irwin became aquaman, became lizard man, became troglodyte.
The crocodile became a platypus.
And I laughed myself silly for a few minutes straight.

This was exceptional!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life!
mbmbmbmbmb
Question for shumyum: what are these "things" if not pinball machines?

Otherwise thanks for the laughs everyone, I can't imagine my life without this stuff anymore .....cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Those things are display cases in a store.
There's a cash register on the far right side.
Notice how "legs" are sold out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life!
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
Those things are display cases in a store.
There's a cash register on the far right side.
Notice how "legs" are sold out?

Wow.
I really had no clue!
But now that you explained ....thanks!
cool

edit:
Sorry for causing confusion with siimultaneous comments in threads and/or image pages.
I just can't get used to the new system and get mixed up - meaning I loose record of where I have already posted and where not or if it was similtaneously in threads or image pages or whatnot...
Aaaarrrrggghhhh....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri Balofsky
Israel
Tel Mond
HaSharon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to point out that Steve/Aquaman/Lizardman/etc successfully remained either footless or shoeless for the entirety of the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Smithwick
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Chip Theory Games ... I'm a believer!
badge
Hot Air Balloons ... nuff said!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love pinball! The shoe-less/feet-less people remained just like the pinball. Great work everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Grelis
Australia
Surry Hills
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
HO!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was perplexed by the Genesis graphics on Cringey's pinball machine, I could tell they were relevant in some way but I guess there was just a huge hole in my pop culture knowledge where Genesis album covers should live. Thankfully that is remedied now and I'm richer for it. I was also hugely distracted by the platypus doing the Olympia thing, an art reference that tickled me mightily, (was it intentional?).

I've enjoyed the writing much more than usual in this bunch of games, (generally I prefer drawing). You guys have given me some great art to interpret, it's been a joy.

I was stoked to see Steve Irwin make an appearance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty "back to the grind" Malone
United States
Mansfield
Texas
flag msg tools
Knowledge is light
badge
Be the Change
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m sad I missed the Steve Irwin derier. Loved the man and should have known with so many aussies he would show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty "back to the grind" Malone
United States
Mansfield
Texas
flag msg tools
Knowledge is light
badge
Be the Change
mbmbmbmbmb
It was the forearm tings that really threw me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmbmbmbmb
Muzza wrote:
I was perplexed by the Genesis graphics on Cringey's pinball machine, I could tell they were relevant in some way but I guess there was just a huge hole in my pop culture knowledge where Genesis album covers should live. Thankfully that is remedied now and I'm richer for it. I was also hugely distracted by the platypus doing the Olympia thing, an art reference that tickled me mightily, (was it intentional?).

I've enjoyed the writing much more than usual in this bunch of games, (generally I prefer drawing). You guys have given me some great art to interpret, it's been a joy.

I was stoked to see Steve Irwin make an appearance.
I needed a lounging platypus, that one seemed right for the job.
And my choice of Genesis covers was based on the shape needed to fit the space on the pinball machine, and my (lack of) ability to draw. Duke was by far the easiest option, although not the most recognisable of album covers. And The Way We Walk was the obvious choice for both shape and the evolution theme (kind of anti-biblical genesis!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
OK, I'm finally allowing myself to see chains now that I've caught up on my drawings.

Yes those were display cases in Ye Olde Evolution Shoppe but I'm glad they turned into a pinball machine. "Supple snake wrist" is a great Who reference and Genesis makes it through to the end (well, if you count "Man Ball" (lol) as the Lizard God's creation game).

I also truly love Steve Irwin and knowing there are a lot of Aussie's here I had to put him in with the mention of "snake". Funny how snakes (the main subject of the first sentence and easily drawn/recognized) didn't make it very far. I guess platypi are more fun and I'm glad one finally got a chance to shine at the end.

Great chain all around!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.