Subject: Very basic question on lines of sight rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oscar Gomez
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Enjoying the game thus far.

Very basic question: do contiguous moles have a line of sight? Getting 4 points from them seems too much...

Sorry for my ignorance, this is my very first war game. I also wondered if empty spaced broke lines of sight, but that was positively answered elsewhere.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
panoptiko wrote:
Enjoying the game thus far.

Very basic question: do contiguous moles have a line of sight? Getting 4 points from them seems too much...

Sorry for my ignorance, this is my very first war game. I also wondered if empty spaced broke lines of sight, but that was positively answered elsewhere.

Thank you!

No, adjacent moles do not get points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Sanz de Madrid Servera
Spain
Palma
Baleares
flag msg tools
Tu publicidad aquí
badge
Cuidado con mi ojo bueno
mbmbmbmbmb
If both barracks are of your color, yes 4 points. No barracks of your color, 2 points.

Quote:
The player scores 1 medal for each square in the line of sight and 1 additional
medal for each barracks of her colour in that line. In both cases, squares under
the two moles are included
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Cerrato
Spain
Santander
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is all correct.
Two moles adjacent create a line of sight, and if both on tiles of your color, its is 4 pts.

Comment on lines of sight in general. The line of sight MUST have change or been created during your turn, meaning that if those moles together that scored you 4 points at the end of your last turn, dont move. They wont score on the following turn. Keep that in mind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
What? Adjacent moles count?

Ugh, we played our first games like that and thought it was terrible.

Then, when adding a least one space between the moles (only thing the rulebook shows), it became more interesting.

But in any case, the game doesn't work with 2 players. As soon as one player gets ahead, it snowballs and it's pretty much impossible for the other to catch back up. Once, one player lapped the other player (over 50 points over). Because when one player has 3 or 4 moles on the board the other one only has 1, what can you even do to get back up to speed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Soto
Spain
Santander
Cantabria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.pedrosoto.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We know a lot of players that prefer the games with 2 players because is more strategic. More players = Less Strategic and More Tactic.

Tip:

If you only have one mole that is adjacent to an enemy mole, you can choose the action "Move Moles" to move over the enemy mole and remove it both moles.

On your next turn, you'll "Enter into Combat" with two new moles (Law of War 2).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I would also like the game more if it was more strategic.

The problem with Topoum with 2 players is that once one player gets ahead, it's impossible to catch back up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Soto
Spain
Santander
Cantabria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.pedrosoto.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't agree and I've played it a lot with two players
I prefer it to three, though, because it's a good mix of tactics and strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.