Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
356 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 

Star Realms» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Star Realms Champi✶ns - Tournament HQ - QUARTERFINAL PAIRINGS POSTED rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ean Teague
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quarterfinals - LIVE

STAR REALMS CHAMPI✶NS

This tournament will be run simultaneously on Facebook and BoardGameGeek.

This tournament will feature the winners (and some runners-up) of tournaments and leagues from both the SRFCCP page/FB Community and here on BoardGameGeek.

TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE:

1) Qualifying (for non-invitees)
2) Group Stage
3) Swiss Elimination Rounds

4) Playoffs

It is in your best interest to own all expansions. If, at any time, you do not own an expansion necessary to play a game, you forfeit that game. While this does not necessarily result in certain elimination, your chances of victory will be greatly diminished.

Qualifying
Of the 120 seats in the tournament, 80-90 of them are spoken for by the players in the below post. To fill the remainder of the field, we will hold two qualifiers.

"Week One" Qualifying

Format: V
Single Elimination bracket
Matches will be best-of-three

We will not play to a winner; instead, the top X players (likely 16) will qualify for the Group Stage.

Registration will begin May 21. Tournament begins May 24.

"Week Two" Qualifying

Format: VW-G1BEHFC2KU
Matches will be single-game
Games will follow Endurance Challenge rules (see below)

Endurance Challenge Rules:
-Conceding is not allowed (result will be disqualification)
-Players must play every card in their hand each turn
-Players must use all of their available combat each turn (read: if the warning pops up that states that "You have unspent combat", you CANNOT end your turn)
-At the end of the game, you are responsible for reporting the final game score (example: PlayerOne (27) defeats PlayerTwo (-14). The score differential here is +41 (27+14) for the winner, and -41 for the loser)

Unlike in an Endurance Challenge, a score out of 100 will not be kept.
Instead, record will be kept, as well as total score differential.

After X rounds (likely 3), the unbeaten players will qualify for the Group Stage.
After one additional round, players with the top score differentials will qualify for the Group Stage, filling out the remaining seats.

Registration will begin June 3. Tournament begins June 6.

-
Group Stage

Each player will select their own format to act as their "home" format.

The Group Stage will be held in two tiers:

Tier I: From this group of 80-90, I (will eventually) have (painstakingly) separated a pool of 24 players based on wins in high-level or lengthy events (read: PGL, EIC, SRMS, etc), total accolades in the last two years, and the results of my survey earlier in the month. These 24 players will be drawn six groups of four. None in this group will be subject to elimination in the Group Stage, but their finishing orders will determine their number of byes in the Elimination Rounds (between one and four).

Tier II: The remaining 60-ish players here, as well as the 30-ish qualifiers, will be divided into 4 pots, which will then be drawn from to make 24 groups of four, live. All last-place finishers will be eliminated. All others will qualify for the Elimination Rounds(^), with a number of byes dependent on their finishing order (between zero^ and four).

Group Stage rules: Each player will play the others in their group in a four-game match. Matches will consist of two home format games and two away format games. Winning records (4-0, 3-1) will earn 3 match points, ties (2-2) will earn 1, and losing records (1-3, 0-4) will earn 0. When reporting scores, players are required to report both the record of the match -and- if any games in the opponent's format were won. **If you do not own one of the required expansions to play your opponent's format, you forfeit those games**

In each group, players will be ranked based on their Match Points, then their Game Differential (wins minus losses), then Away wins, then head-to-head, then tiebreaker.

Then, all group winners will be compared with those in the same Tier, then second-place finishers the same, etc, based on MP, GD, AW, group winner's score (with lowest taking precedence), then tiebreaker. These placements will always be available on a Google Doc which will be updated throughout the round.

Tier I players qualify into either the Second, Third, Fourth, or Fifth Rounds, based on fourth, third, second, and first place finishes, respectively.

Tier II players qualify into either the First, Second, Third, Fourth, or Fifth Rounds.
First-place finishers enter into either the Fifth or Fourth Round.
Second-place finishers enter into either the Third or Second Round.
The top 8 third-place finishers will qualify to the First Round.
(^)The 16 remaining third-place finishers will be paired to play a special elimination round, with the 8 winners qualifying for the First Round, and the 8 losers being eliminated.

Group Stage draw will take place live on June 19. Group Stage begins June 21.

-

Swiss Elimination Rounds

Swiss Format
Double Elimination (two losses and you're out)

Players retain their format from the previous round

In each round, players will be paired with another of equal record for a single-game match. These draws, for the most part, will be conducted live. The first player drawn in a pairing will be considered the home player, and their format shall be used. If the away player does not own the expansions necessary, they forfeit.

For the first five rounds, players are protected from being drawn against players from their original group.

Beginning in the sixth round, unbeaten players will play best-of-three (H-A-H).
Beginning in the seventh round, all matches will be best-of-three (H-A-H).
In the ninth round, all matches will be best-of-five (H-H-A-A-H).

The four unbeaten players at the end of the seventh round will qualify for the quarterfinals.
The four one-loss players at the end of the ninth round will join the unbeaten players in the quarterfinals.

-

Playoff Rounds

Quarterfinals: The four unbeaten players will be drawn against the four one-loss players.

Matches will be a best-of-seven. The unbeaten player will choose the format for the first two games. From that point, the loser of the previous game will select the format for the next game.

Semifinals: The four remaining players will be randomly paired, with no restrictions.

Matches will be best-of-seven. Game One will be a fixed format, after which formats will be selected by the loser of the previous game.

FINAL: The remaining two players will play.

The final will be best-of-nine. Game One will be a fixed format, after which formats will be selected by the loser of the previous game.

The first player to win five games will be the champi✶n.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ean Teague
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Star Realms Champi✶ns - Tournament HQ
LIST OF QUALIFIED PLAYERS

If your name appears here, and you would like to participate please thumb the below post with the blue message like this one.

Pre-qualified:

Agamon
AgentSeto
Aldaryn
AmarilloVGC
AngryPanda
Anvroser
Arcesius
Av3nger
Baggio10
baX
bmcfluff
bryistupid
Bungo
Carnie
CbusRipper
cfudge
Chazzmo
Ciago
ColinMacleod
CrankyDay
CriticalDayz
Darklighter
DeAr
Deegan
dommola
Dusto
ElegantChaos
Eph292
Frosty
FrUnitSeven
HomerJr
JCRuffino
JimmyG
jkmno
jshirland
karmakanik
Kinkade
Klemp
kolok
ktsu22
Magnetic
MarauderMo
MazerRackham
mikenelson
Mongul
nearlygod
Niels85
neocow
ngd
NickChristie
Oreok
Ozmethod
paulsalomon
philmaester
Poca
politesc
rawlinpa
rocksbg
ShinyObject
SilentAl
SlasherD
SonofThoth94
stips
stophle
SweetJustice
TheCutter
TheeMystic
thedannysoto
thetexan
URKNIGHTMARE
Utinni
Vidarrr
Wagnernico
Wepe
WestDaddyUtd
WetYeti
Wheels
wussy
Zwivix

Week One Qualifying:
Dzmitry
Verrinho
Hypaspist
iamthetick
InvAsian
TAGames
onecarless
bazyn
ChadEllis
CCKinnison
MrMorphine
TheRealVoid

Week Two Qualifying
Joroll
matney
bbygurl
NImral
GodURmyall
Duirin
bahamut619
Hockeygirl
Firedriller
jhrbic
Sarum
Celebrendir
jvs
rhakka
ILLegaL
Tunaslap
CaptainQwyx
MarcelP
ghostchipz
bwlandry
RillsAlThor
barongrim
TaelBE
crzyjstr
MichaJT
Ominous
Maddam
codger
MightyStig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ean Teague
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Star Realms - Group Stage:

In the Group Stage, everyone both in the tournament and not is welcome to try to guess of the winner of each group. Between the draw and the start of play, 19-24 hours, I will allow submissions.

Tier I group winners will be worth 3 points
Tier II group winners will be worth 2 points
Total points possible: 66
Players cannot make a selection for their own group

The tiebreaker question will be "how many matches will go 4-0?" If there is a tie, the player closest to the correct answer without going over will win. If all tied players are over, the closest to the correct answer will win. If there is still a tie, the tied players will play Star Realms (gasp!) to determine the winner.

-

Fantasy Star Realms - Elimination Rounds:

See updated rules on Page 14.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ean Teague
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[reserved]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ean Teague
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are listed as qualified in the above post, and you would like to confirm for me your participation in the tournament, please thumb this post.

At some point, I will begin sending geekmails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ean Teague
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Week One" Qualifying registration is closed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ean Teague
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"WEEK ONE" QUALIFYING TOURNAMENT

Format - V (Core Set only)
Best of Three matches
Single Elimination

Top X players to qualify for the Champi✶ons Group Stage (exact number to be determined at the end of registration, dependent on the number of players).

In order to register, please thumb the above post. We will be using Challonge as a bracket, you will not need to post your Challonge name; all results will be entered manually.

If you are already qualified, you are not permitted to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K
Australia
Lady Barron
TAS
flag msg tools
Re: Star Realms Champi✶ns - Tournament HQ - W1 Qualifying Tournament Registration Open
yep im keen ... criticaldayz..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Gibbs
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Star Realms Champi✶ns - Tournament HQ - W1 Qualifying Tournament Registration Open
CriticalDayz wrote:
yep im keen ... criticaldayz..

Reading Comprehension: Failed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ean Teague
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Registration closes at 6:00p EST, so sign up by thumbing the post with the big red text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Verri
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Star Realms Champi✶ns - Tournament HQ - W1 Qualifying Tournament Registration CLOSES 5/24
AgentSeto wrote:
"Week One" Qualifying registration!

If you would like to participate, please thumb this post.

If you are not in the BGG League, please post with your IGN as well.

I don't remember exactly when, but I won a 'big' tournament on the FB page where all the Sunday's winners partecipate!
If that doesn't count, I have put a thumb up to the post for the Qualifying chance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ean Teague
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Star Realms Champi✶ns - Tournament HQ - W1 Qualifying Tournament Registration LAST CALL
Indeed, it fell behind the time cutoff. Happy to have you, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ean Teague
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Star Realms Champi✶ns - Tournament HQ - W1 Qualifying Tournament Registration LAST CALL
"Week Two" Qualifying Registration is now closed.

Format: VW-G1BEHFC2KU (that's ALL expansions)
Matches will be single-game
Games will follow Endurance Challenge rules (see below)

Endurance Challenge Rules (rules credit to MarauderMo, creator of the Endurance Challenge on the FB Fan Page):
-You are not permitted to concede. Doing so will result in disqualification.
-You are not allowed to end your turn without playing every card in your hand.
-You must use all earned combat each turn (read: if the warning pops up that states that "You have unspent combat", you CANNOT end your turn).

-At the end of the game, you are responsible for reporting the final game score (example: YourName (27) defeats TheirName (-14). The score differential then is +41 (27+14) for the winner, and -41 for the loser)

Unlike in an Endurance Challenge, a score out of 100 will not be kept.
Instead, record will be kept (wins and losses), as well as total score differential.

After X rounds (TBD), the unbeaten players will qualify for the Group Stage.
After one additional round, players with the top score differentials will qualify for the Group Stage, filling out the remaining seats.

Week Two Qualifying begins June 6 (a change).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ean Teague
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
W1 Qualifying

Bracket: https://challonge.com/SRCW1Q
Please post all results in this thread.
Remember, best-of-three matches, V only.
[/size]
You do not need to wait to play your next match; if you have an opponent, do so.

It is a good number, 48, but still not a power of 2. Therefore, one-third of the field has a bye to round 2.

From this field of 48, I will take 12.

The last eight players standing will earn a spot in the Group Stage. We will not play to a winner.
In addition, the eight players who fall in Round 3 will play one extra round among themselves, with the four winners also qualifying for the Group Stage.
[size=8](*I will also keep the other four in mind for if there are any unexpected holes to fill)

-

If you have any issues, please post here or let me know by GM.

Remember, your opponent may have signed up on Facebook instead. I will act as mediator if necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I fight for the users!!!
United States
Lancaster
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Attention Program -- You will receive an Identity Disc. Everything you do or learn will be imprinted on this disc. If you lose your disc, or fail to follow commands, you will be subject to immediate deresolution!
badge
Defender of the Grid! "I Fight for the Users!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Star Realms Champi✶ns - Tournament HQ - W1 Qualifying Tournament LIVE
Tyraziel def DeonLunsford 2-1

Great match!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Verri
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
mbmb
AgentSeto wrote:
Indeed, it fell behind the time cutoff. Happy to have you, though.

guessed so, thanks again!
good luck everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Storm
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Switching to here instead so I can actually post

bbygurl def irvek 2-1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ribbens
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TaelBE 2 - 1 DarthBinkly. GG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timon Bakker
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tyborg77 defeats Firedriller 2-0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Logman
United States
Lowell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BirdLaw defeats Emnjver; 2-1

Game 3 was very unusual, I managed a win with my best cards being the Hive and Space Station^2 and zero scrap! Very counter-intuitive. GG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Unspecified
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AgentSeto wrote:
W1 Qualifying

Bracket: https://challonge.com/SRCW1Q
Please post all results in this thread.
Remember, best-of-three matches, V only.

You do not need to wait to play your next match; if you have an opponent, do so.

It is a good number, 48, but still not a power of 2. Therefore, one-third of the field has a bye to round 2.

From this field of 48, I will take 12.

The last eight players standing will earn a spot in the Group Stage. We will not play to a winner.
In addition, the eight players who fall in Round 3 will play one extra round among themselves, with the four winners also qualifying for the Group Stage.
(*I will also keep the other four in mind for if there are any unexpected holes to fill)

-

If you have any issues, please post here or let me know by GM.

Remember, your opponent may have signed up on Facebook instead. I will act as mediator if necessary.

I am out of internet range until Monday night. Is it alright to wait to start my game until then?

Ominous/Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ean Teague
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ominous wrote:
Internet

Yes, that is fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dzmitry Hancharou
Belarus
flag msg tools
Anfield, please rechallenge me with core set only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav Geier
msg tools
Maddam defeats Gr33nPo1son 2-1
GG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolphe Duhil
France
Rambouillet
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Messire over Tunaslap 2-0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.