Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reuben
Ireland
Kilcullen
Kildare
flag msg tools
mb
Let’s say I roll a 1 and use the visitor center to change it to a 6. Do I then draw a straight path or crossroads? It says in the rules ‘using the same unmodified die results from the Acquistion Phase’ so I’m guessing that there is no way for you to control what path pieces you may build? I’m assuming you can’t reroll the dice just during the path phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use a re-roll/ +/- 1 for any phase - but it only lasts for that one phase.

So you can re-roll the dice just for the paths if you like. Or you can re-roll the security dice etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Astrium Rex
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
entwife wrote:
You can use a re-roll/ +/- 1 for any phase - but it only lasts for that one phase.

So you can re-roll the dice just for the paths if you like. Or you can re-roll the security dice etc.

Nailed it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben
Ireland
Kilcullen
Kildare
flag msg tools
mb
Yes but the rule kinda implies that you use the original 'unmodified' results before the re-roll.

To explain:
I roll 2 x 3s. I use my visitor center to re-roll one of the dice so I now have a 4 and the original 3.

When it comes to making my paths, do I use the original 2 x 3s or just one of the 3s and the newer 4?

Wow this is being pedantic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Astrium Rex
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For the sake of clarity and not having to remember old die results, using a +/- number to "modify" a result would be temporary and you would forget you modified it in the next phase using the originally rolled value.

Rerolling a die doesn't modify the result, it replaces it so you would use the newly rolled value in all future phases.

So in your example you would use a 3 and a 4 in the path phase.

Sorry this is confusing. Its something were actively addressing in the new version of the game to make smoother and more streamlined.

Thanks for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben
Ireland
Kilcullen
Kildare
flag msg tools
mb
Gotcha. And those re-rolls only affect you of course. We use blue dice as the ‘main dice’ and then individual yellow dice for each player’s re-rolls. And two red dice for security rolls. Much easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.