Subject: solo play question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Ive played a solo game and only got 25 vp. I was looking at the score chart and I was wondering how the hell can someone be able to kill 15 goblins during 5 rounds? 3 goblins killed each turn? Even if you send 3 meepl on three different goblins, they dont share the damage...lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure the score chart only gives point values up to 10 goblins? But even that's a tall order. I've never tried to get close to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
oh my bad, yes its 10 max. Its probably still almost impossible to reach that. Anyway, thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually no. Especially if you get the bow. But it can still be done without too. If you are only hitting 25 points I'd think you are doing something wrong rules wise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
King Jackalope is the solo king, so he would know. =P

I find it pretty easy to consistently kill 5 goblins per game. Going to more than 5 is harder without access to your legendary shield or sword. Just make sure you always have one Itemeeple (TM) on a Goblin for each night. Between completing 1 quest per day/night, killing 5 goblins, and upping your spell level on a couple of nights, 40 points in solo is very reasonably attainable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the box, legendary sword and the right layout of portals, you can easily get the maximum number of goblins. However, depending on the luck of the draw, it can also be impossible from game to game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevor is 100% right.

But what you should be able to do basically every game is 10 spells (16 points), 3 Legendary (12 points) and I'd hope at least 5 quests (8 points). I'd really suspect more but lets just say 1 quest a night. Just with those and lets actually ding you -2 points for No goblins. That by itself puts you at 34 points. If you got just 1 goblin you'd be up to 37 points.

Of course if you roll horribly, which can and will at some point happen it could alter it. There is some luck in the game naturally, you are rolling dice. But hopefully you can mitigate it some with (a) where your Heroes are and (b) the items you've collected. When you play more you'll really discover that the spells and increasing your magic are really important just like getting at *least* 1-2 goblin kills to increase your health. Having that extra magic (and the shield) will really extend your life and give you more options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.