6 Posts

Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: New Player got some questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josef Rudi
Germany
flag msg tools
Hello, i just recently started trying to get into the game so that i can explain it to my friends.

1. Playing the Slayer, using the Into the Fray explore action.
You may engage 1 enemy
Explore: 1 white Dice. During this action, for each \\\ apply +1 Success
I dont really understand this card. Normaly if i would explore, i would just role one white dice and determine the outcome ( no black dice ).
So how would i get the \\\ to count for this action? The ,, You may engage 1 enemy " just means that i taunt the enemy and place it in front of me, not immediately attacking me, but in the next enemy phase, or when i deal damage with my own attack, which neither is happening.

2. Concerning retreat on enemy cards.
For example, goblin archer does retreat and inflicts damage on me. Then on my next turn, i use attack action, engage him and immediately deal damage. So what is the point of retreating? I guess its only of importance if theres more than 3 enemies engaged, switching between them?

3. Question about Wooden Shield
It says
During the activation of an enemy engaged with you, you may discard 1Success token to apply -2 to its attack value. Limit 1 Shield per hero
So, this means that during the enemy phase ( when their special abilities activate ) i can use 1 success to lower the damage it does by 2. But how would i spend success tokens? For example, playing as Warrior Priest, i use Path of Redemption, and then put a success token on top of the shield in my inventory?

4. Playing with two characters, thus having 2 actions during hero phase,
can you activate an action twice? For example as Warrior Priest, activate the Rest Battle Prayers twice, which is his unexhaustable action.

Thats it for now,
thanks in advance !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Olsén
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Whenever you do an action you need to roll black dice equal to the number of monsters facing you. So every time you do an explore action you roll 0-3 black dice.

2. You still need to do an action next turn that is able to engage an enemy. Otherwise, the goblin will stay in the shadows.

3. You use a success token you have on one of your skills.

4. Yes, you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josef Rudi
Germany
flag msg tools
Ah, thanks for the answers !

I got some more questions.

1. Its not possible to have more progress tokens on a location card than whats written on it?

2. About sucess tokens on a card which has two actions with dices. The Slayer Oath Rest action, has 3 rest dice, and if you are engaged with the highest ranking enemy, 3 attack dice. So if there are 2 succes tokens on the card, does it mean theres a +2 for rest and attack or just for the first on the card, which is the rest action?

3. The highest ranking enemy. So what exactly is the highest ranking enemy, is the boss always the highest ranking enemy? Lets say theres the Goblin boss, and then theres a T2 enemy on the board, which is the high ranking one? Is the boss just a boss, or is he T1 since hes on the T1 questcard?

Thanks again !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gray
Denmark
flag msg tools
If someone disagrees with me, please share. Been a while since I read or debated about these rules so I can´t be 100% sure of myself.

1. Been wondering about that myself. I always played with unlimited number of tokens.

2. I believe the succes tokens are spent when you use one of the 2 actions.
Example: You have 2 succes tokens on your card.
First you activate the REST roll and decide to spend 1 of the 2 succes tokens.
Then afterwards as you are about to resolve the ATTACK roll, you decide not to spend any succes tokens on it.

In short, you dedicate succes tokens to each of your REST and ATTACK rolls individually.

3. The highest ranked enemy is always the nemesis. Thus why during any rest action it says "you may exhaust 1 non-nemesis enemy".

The slayer sucks in my opinion. It is a real shame because he is a really cool addition but just not very useful, except in certain scenarios.

If the rest action instead meant the highest ranked enemy on the board, excluding the nemesis lair, he would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aubrey Mills
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
P.11 "A location cannot have a number of progress tokens on it in excess of its exploration value. If a game effect would add progress tokens to an active location that is fully explored, no further progress tokens can be placed on that location."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aubrey Mills
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
P.13 "Players can use the following list to determine enemy rank, from highest rank to lowest rank:
1. Nemesis
2. Highest-tier enemy
3. Enemy with the highest attack value
4. Enemy with the highest health value
• If enemy rank cannot resolve a conflict, the heroes decide the order of resolution."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.