Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
OLIVIER GUILLAUME
France
SALOME
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I have a question regarding Fate cards.
I understand when drawing a fate card happens.
However, does any card imply that the 2 characters are bound, no matter what card?
For instance, if I draw the « no effect fate card » or a fate card granting extra military to the Empire Character, does the fate card remain on the Empira character card and this character is from now on considered as bound?
Or in the case of such cards, the effect gets applied, the fate card gets discarded and next time the situation occurred another fate card will be drawn?

I personally considered that a character gets bound if the fate card itself implies a link like a family link or a further action that will make this character an ally. The other type of fate cards would just be effect cards but not binding the characters together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Gómez Verdejo
msg tools
All fate cards imply that the two characters are bounded.

In terms of game mechanics, that's how it works.
In terms of lore, I understand that two characters are bounded when they see each other (when they enter the same tile), so if the character of the empire has increased his/her troops, it is because he/she is waiting for your attack and call reinforcements. In the same way the card "no effect" is called a "loyal soldier", I understand that you have tried to convince him/her but the enemy is loyal to the emperor and will fight against you in equal conditions.

That's why I see it logical that they remain bounded even when there is no effect or is an active and not a passive effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
OLIVIER GUILLAUME
France
SALOME
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply Fernando. This definitely makes sense.
So you confirm that once a character is bound, no matter the type of fate card, he can no longer be bound and therefore the proximity with another Kingdom’Empire will not require drawing a fate card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Gómez Verdejo
msg tools
Yes, that's right.

Only the bound is lost when one of the characters dies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
OLIVIER GUILLAUME
France
SALOME
Unspecified
flag msg tools
ShenronLP wrote:
Yes, that's right.

Only the bound is lost when one of the characters dies.

Perfect, thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.