Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Trickerion: Legends of Illusion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification about action order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Milazzotti
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry my bad English!!

Hi guys, I have another question for you !!!

The following situation occurred in the last game in Trickerion (or let's just say ... Previously on Trickerion... kkkkk):

I had 2 Unprepared Tricks, I assined Specialist to do the Prepare action and 1 Apprentice and 1 Magician to do the Theater Action. I thought, I will Prepare my Tricks and I will present them at the Theater.

But I wasn't the 1st player, in fact I was the last one.

Then the 1st player choosed the Theater as their 1st action.
As I didn´t have my Tricks Prepared so, I couldn´t use the Theater action and I simply put my Apprendice and my Magician idle and then later I did the Prepare action.
I lost 1 turn because of this.

My question is, I did right? This mechanic is correct, or I could use the Theater action later in the same turn?

Thank you
Ivan
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizz
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
There is no mechanic in the game that requires you to have a prepared trick when you claim a spot in the theater.
Because the theater phase is after each round, you can start by claiming your spot, and then continue to prepare your tricks.
Think of it like scheduling your spot in the theater during the round (daytime), but finally doing the set up and performance after the round is over (nighttime).
At least, that's how I think about it.

EDIT: Of course when I say claim a spot, I mean using your magician to claim a spot.... because he doesn't set anything up. You cannot set up a trick if you send a worker to set up a trick and you don't have one to set up. I thought this was obvious, but it has confused at least one person.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Milazzotti
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mb
Brandizzle wrote:
There is no mechanic in the game that requires you to have a prepared trick when you claim a spot in the theater.
Because the theater phase is after each round, you can start by claiming your spot, and then continue to prepare your tricks.
Think of it like scheduling your spot in the theater during the round (daytime), but finally doing the set up and performance after the round is over (nighttime).
At least, that's how I think about it.


Makes sense, I will read the manual "again" ....

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Milazzotti
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mb
Just to complement:

At the moment the 1st player choosed the Theater I didn't have any Trick prepared.

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Milazzotti
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mb
Brandizzle wrote:
There is no mechanic in the game that requires you to have a prepared trick when you claim a spot in the theater.
Because the theater phase is after each round, you can start by claiming your spot, and then continue to prepare your tricks.
Think of it like scheduling your spot in the theater during the round (daytime), but finally doing the set up and performance after the round is over (nighttime).
At least, that's how I think about it.


Well Brandizzle, I found this on page 12 2nd column:

Quote:
The placed Character’s Action Points are immediately spent on
one or more available Action(s) at the respective Location - they
cannot be saved for later.


I think when you put your worker at the Theater (backstage) you need to schedule your Tricks immediatly.

Thanks
Ivan
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
was there some reason you couldn't assign anyone backstage? there should always be a free day available.

You always choose which order to assign your workers, so as long as you prepared first, then send someone backstage, you're fine.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just because the first player went to the theater action first, that does not mean you can’t go to the theater after and prepare your tricks. Performances aren’t performed until after the action phase. In fact, the theater card that is chosen to be performed is not even selected until the performance phase.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Milazzotti
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mb
DragonsDream wrote:
was there some reason you couldn't assign anyone backstage? there should always be a free day available.

You always choose which order to assign your workers, so as long as you prepared first, then send someone backstage, you're fine.


I had no Trick prepared.

Thanks
Ivan
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Milazzotti
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mb
Gumps wrote:
Just because the first player went to the theater action first, that does not mean you can’t go to the theater after and prepare your tricks. Performances aren’t performed until after the action phase. In fact, the theater card that is chosen to be performed is not even selected until the performance phase.


So, if some player goes to the Theater to schedule his Tricks I still have the choice to do it later in the same turn?

Thanks
Ivan
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iMilazzo wrote:
I think when you put your worker at the Theater (backstage) you need to schedule your Tricks immediatly.


This is correct, but there is nothing that should force this to happen before you have a trick prepared.

You are free to activate your characters in whichever order, regardless of what other players do. So the Place Characters phase could go like this:

- Player 1 sends their Magician to the Theater on Friday, front of stage (ready to perform).

- You send your specialist to the Workshop to Prepare your tricks.

- Player 1 sends their specialist Downtown to learn a new trick.

- You send your Apprentice backstage on Thursday to Set Up your now prepared tricks.

- Player 1 sends their Apprentice to the Workshop to Prepare the newly learnt trick.

- You send your Magician to the Theater for Thursday front of stage, ready to perform.

Then you go on to the Performance phase, at which point you choose a theater card to perform (because you have the earliest day) and then your opponent chooses a card to perform (if they have a performance card left with some of their trick markers on it).

The one thing that could stop this from working is if by the time you send someone to the theater, the only day left un-chosen is Sunday, and you wanted to send Apprentices backstage - they won't have any AP to Set Up tricks! In this case you could send you Magician back-stage (and leave your apprentice idle) and just rely on your opponent performing for you - you'll get the Sunday +$1, +1 VP bonuses on any of your tricks performed, at least.

Does that help?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
iMilazzo wrote:
Gumps wrote:
Just because the first player went to the theater action first, that does not mean you can’t go to the theater after and prepare your tricks. Performances aren’t performed until after the action phase. In fact, the theater card that is chosen to be performed is not even selected until the performance phase.


So, if some player goes to the Theater to schedule his Tricks I still have the choice to do it later in the same turn?

Thanks
Ivan

i think there is a fundamental misunderstanding going on here. after everyone assigns their cards and they are revealed, players take turns one at a time sending a worker to an assigned location. On your turn you can select any of your workers to go where you assigned them and complete that action.

So, the first player sent someone to the theater, then the second player can send someone to the market, etc. On your turn, you send someone to your workshop to prepare a trick, then when it comes around to you again, you can send someone to the theater so set up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Milazzotti
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mb
LeonardQuirm wrote:
This is correct, but there is nothing that should force this to happen before you have a trick prepared.

You are free to activate your characters in whichever order, regardless of what other players do. So the Place Characters phase could go like this:

- Player 1 sends their Magician to the Theater on Friday, front of stage (ready to perform).

- You send your specialist to the Workshop to Prepare your tricks.

- Player 1 sends their specialist Downtown to learn a new trick.

- You send your Apprentice backstage on Thursday to Set Up your now prepared tricks.

- Player 1 sends their Apprentice to the Workshop to Prepare the newly learnt trick.

- You send your Magician to the Theater for Thursday front of stage, ready to perform.

Then you go on to the Performance phase, at which point you choose a theater card to perform (because you have the earliest day) and then your opponent chooses a card to perform (if they have a performance card left with some of their trick markers on it).

The one thing that could stop this from working is if by the time you send someone to the theater, the only day left un-chosen is Sunday, and you wanted to send Apprentices backstage - they won't have any AP to Set Up tricks! In this case you could send you Magician back-stage (and leave your apprentice idle) and just rely on your opponent performing for you - you'll get the Sunday +$1, +1 VP bonuses on any of your tricks performed, at least.

Does that help?


If this helps ??? THIS IS PERFECT !!!!
This is exactly what I should did (and I didn't).
Now everything is clear, I think with this I mastered the basic content and I ready follow to the next step which is play the Dark Alley !!

Thanks everybody !!!
Ivan

ps: next Trick is to adventure myself at the Dark Alley
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also worth noting that you can send your Magician to the theater, on stage, without a trick prepared. He is simply claiming a day to perform during the relevant phase at the end of the round. This is a common tactic for people in our games that want to get specific day bonuses or the relevant number of AP to setup their tricks later in the round.

Then you can prepare your trick, then you can send someone to the same day in the theater as your magician and have them setup the trick on the card.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I'm not sure why you thought you couldn't send a guy to the theatre because someone did it before you. When it's your turn, you can send one worker to any free space on the board (magicians only on the stage). If someone had chosen the particular *day* you wanted at the theatre, that's just tough, but there are spaces for everyone at every location, albeit they may be sub-optimal.

(Edited to say that you are not guaranteed a space at locations other than the theatre, as someone may go there more than once, but at the theatre it's one day per player only.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Milazzotti
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mb
Moose Malloy wrote:
I'm not sure why you thought you couldn't send a guy to the theatre because someone did it before you. When it's your turn, you can send one worker to any free space on the board (magicians only on the stage). If someone had chosen the particular *day* you wanted at the theatre, that's just tough, but there are spaces for everyone at every location, albeit they may be sub-optimal.

(Edited to say that you are not guaranteed a space at locations other than the theatre, as someone may go there more than once, but at the theatre it's one day per player only.)


It´s because I thought that I MUST to follow the action location that 1st player has choosed.

1st player has choosed the Market
2st player MUST to choose Market (if he have an assigned worker)
3rd player MUST to choose Market (if he have an assigned worker)
...and so on

That´s was my mistake !! They are not depended as @LeonardQuirm explained perfectly!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Ah I see! No, you can play your worker assignments in any order once revealed. (Sorry, I forgot where you go is predetermined by the assignment cards you played! Sorry, try and remember how the game is played before you answer questions, Paul!)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
iMilazzo wrote:
Moose Malloy wrote:
I'm not sure why you thought you couldn't send a guy to the theatre because someone did it before you. When it's your turn, you can send one worker to any free space on the board (magicians only on the stage). If someone had chosen the particular *day* you wanted at the theatre, that's just tough, but there are spaces for everyone at every location, albeit they may be sub-optimal.

(Edited to say that you are not guaranteed a space at locations other than the theatre, as someone may go there more than once, but at the theatre it's one day per player only.)


It´s because I thought that I MUST to follow the action location that 1st player has choosed.

1st player has choosed the Market
2st player MUST to choose Market (if he have an assigned worker)
3rd player MUST to choose Market (if he have an assigned worker)
...and so on

That´s was my mistake !! They are not depended as @LeonardQuirm explained perfectly!!!


If it was like that being 1st player would be insanely powerful!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.