Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: £10 what would you get? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sutter Cane
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hello collective mind.

I've £10.33 burning a hole in my PayPal account.

Help me spend it wisely.

What's the absolute best use for it in terms of bang per buck, price reduction and amount of bits in the box. I like games with lots of bits.

All things considered.

Thanks all.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Proctor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The following are worth a look for under £10.
Monopoly Deal Card Game
Love Letter
Poo: The Card Game
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Fibula
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
First, I think you should forget about the lots-of-bits part... All you'll get for 10£ is a card game, or a very tiny game.
All I can find now is a used Star Realms on the Geek Market for 10£, so you might want to check it out.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sutter Cane
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks all so far.

Moongha came today for about £10. Many, many bits.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David op De Beeck
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
For Sale is very good and I think in that price range.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Beeson
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Oh My Goods £8 on amazon
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BagOTricks
msg tools
mbmbmb
Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza

Very silly but fun party game. No BGG link yet.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raynz
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Deep Sea Adventure's worth a look!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Best price for buck? Digital board games. You could get 2-3 good ones for 10 lbs.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sutter Cane
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Again thanks a!l. Loads of games I've never heard of nor would have thought of.

Never even considered digital. That's kind of why I asked for ideas, even I don't know what I want!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Fibula
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
EMBison wrote:
Best price for buck? Digital board games. You could get 2-3 good ones for 10 lbs.

That's a very good idea!
Steve, you could for example wait for a sale and get Tabletop Simulator on Steam!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl von Laudermann
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers can often be found at clearance prices.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dsco bee
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
Bgg cultist
badge
Bgg cultist
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're prepared to chuck in an extra couple of quid you can usually find a copy of Sons of Anarchy: Men of Mayhem for around that price, £12-£13. Lots of bits, including miniature Glocks, bags of contraband, wads of cash, and a selection of biker dudes. Game is a worker placement with conflict; the theme may or may not float your boat.

Risk Europe was also available at a similar clearance price recently, can't see it now though. Dudes on a map, pretty nice minis and artwork, some interesting card-driven stuff going on: don't be put off by the Risk branding, it avoids the issues with that game and has plenty to sink your teeth into.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sutter Cane
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
karlvonl wrote:
Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers can often be found at clearance prices.



Oooooooooohhhhh that could be it!

Thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Dyke

London, England.
msg tools
LeMammouth wrote:
First, I think you should forget about the lots-of-bits part... All you'll get for 10£ is a card game, or a very tiny game.
All I can find now is a used Star Realms on the Geek Market for 10£, so you might want to check it out.


Star Realms is highly rated and on my wish list, but it's only £12.28 on Amazon UK right now with free shipping to Prime members.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
khimbar123 wrote:
karlvonl wrote:
Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers can often be found at clearance prices.



Oooooooooohhhhh that could be it!

Thank you.


Why are you gravitating to large things that didn't sell? They might be fine (I've still not played my copy of Moongha Invaders I got on pre-release) but they're cheap as no one wants them.

Rage is a FAR FAR FAR better value investment, a deck with a decent game, but 50 other games you can also play with it... why are you judging a game by weighing it rather than what it offers??
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanabi

Just, deceptively, a pack of cards...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Proctor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed123play wrote:
The following are worth a look for under £10.
Monopoly Deal Card Game
Love Letter
Poo: The Card Game


You can make your own counters for Poo: The Card Game

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sutter Cane
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
khimbar123 wrote:
karlvonl wrote:
Magic: The Gathering – Arena of the Planeswalkers can often be found at clearance prices.



Oooooooooohhhhh that could be it!

Thank you.


Why are you gravitating to large things that didn't sell? They might be fine (I've still not played my copy of Moongha Invaders I got on pre-release) but they're cheap as no one wants them.

Rage is a FAR FAR FAR better value investment, a deck with a decent game, but 50 other games you can also play with it... why are you judging a game by weighing it rather than what it offers??


Everybody wanting something isn't a sign of quality. Compare sales of The Velvet Underground and Nico and Spiceworld for proof.

To answer your question, because I want to. If I buy my games by the pound and number of bits is my fun wrong? Am I doing games incorrectly?

Thanks to all that suggested something, decision made.


1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Fibula
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
khimbar123 wrote:
Everybody wanting something isn't a sign of quality.

Indeed, but if your game collection on the Geek is up to date and you only own two games, I think you should go for games that have good ratings, like the two popular ones you own! Not because I think it's better to follow trends, but simply because there's a greater chance that the game will appeal to you and your friends.

About the game bits, I totally understand the appeal, and love games with lots of stuff! Robinson Crusoe, Caverna and Doom are big games that I really love! The thing is, even if there are lots of bits and minis and whatnot in these boxes, there's also a game, and to me, that's the important part. You won't toy with little bananas and little cows for long if you don't enjoy the game...

But whatever works for you is great! Have fun with your new game!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paula T
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You could go for a walk and visit some charity shops, you never know what you could find :-)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sutter Cane
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
LeMammouth wrote:
khimbar123 wrote:
Everybody wanting something isn't a sign of quality.

Indeed, but if your game collection on the Geek is up to date and you only own two games, I think you should go for games that have good ratings, like the two popular ones you own! Not because I think it's better to follow trends, but simply because there's a greater chance that the game will appeal to you and your friends.

About the game bits, I totally understand the appeal, and love games with lots of stuff! Robinson Crusoe, Caverna and Doom are big games that I really love! The thing is, even if there are lots of bits and minis and whatnot in these boxes, there's also a game, and to me, that's the important part. You won't toy with little bananas and little cows for long if you don't enjoy the game...

But whatever works for you is great! Have fun with your new game!


True. And a nice reminder to update my collection!

Thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sutter Cane
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
wpolka wrote:
You could go for a walk and visit some charity shops, you never know what you could find :-)


All of my games, with exception of the mahoosive Moongha and ones from youth are from charity shops.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Fibula
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
So, will you tell us what's your final choice, or is it a secret?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.