Subject: Runesaga Townsfolk for Raiders of the North Sea rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have these cards? How are they with the game? Do they enhance gameplay? More options? Or more of the same?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Conway
New Zealand
flag msg tools
I have them for completions sake, but only acquired them recently so haven’t played them.

I would recommend them simply for variety’s sake; not that they’re needed, but because they add gameplay value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have them, got them straight form Garphill games' website, Shem sells used to have the deck of extra villagers+1hero as a standalone component.

They add extra actions and strategies, like adding a counterbalance against the traders and merchants from the original game, increasing the value of cattle at the end, adding a couple of quick ways to get extra resources and silver, and taking avantage of your valkyrie count, plus you don't need to have Runesaga or the other two games to use any of the new villagers, none of their actions or effects connect with anything outside the base game.

Of course, as you shuffle them with all the original villagers their appearance is entirely up to chance. They may or may not have a big impact in any single game depending on when (or if) they are drawn, but add a bit of variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mearendil wrote:
I have them, got them straight form Garphill games' website, Shem sells the deck of extra villagers+1hero as a standalone component.

They add extra actions and strategies, like adding a counterbalance against the traders and merchants from the original game, increasing the value of cattle at the end, adding a couple of quick ways to get extra resources and silver, and taking avantage of your valkyrie count, plus you don't need to have Runesaga or the other two games to use any of the new villagers, none of their actions or effects connect with anything outside the base game.

Of course, as you shuffle them with all the original villagers their appearance is entirely up to chance. They may or may not have a big impact in any single game depending on when (or if) they are drawn, but add a bit of variety.

Where? I can't find anything like that on garphill.com or Renegade games store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are sold out sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
Scotland
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will they be reprinted, at some point in the near future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no plans to reprint Runesaga.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
Scotland
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shem84 wrote:
I have no plans to reprint Runesaga.

Ah sorry Shem I was referring to whether the villager cards for Raiders, from runesaga would ever become available again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ones I sold were spare parts from my first printing of Runesaga. I wouldn't print them as a standalone product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Nehwon
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep an eye out for Runesaga going on sale at the usual places.

coolstuffinc
miniaturemarket
gamenerdz

You can also check options at https://www.boardgameprices.com/ to find the best current price available at the time of your search.

Here's the list today: https://www.boardgameprices.com/prices/northsearunesaga

Looks like miniaturemarket has a pretty sweet offer going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.